Getting Help

Overwatch

“Thank you for meeting with us,” Taekwoon said, bowing slightly.

“It’s our pleasure,” Nayoung replied, mirroring the gesture.

“Happy to be here,” Namjoon added, throwing out a bow as well.

“Still,” Hakyeon said, “thank you. I know you have a lot of things going on right now.”

“We can always make time for the people who saved us,” Nayoung said, unable to help herself. Realistically, she knew that Taekwoon wouldn’t remember them. It had been too long ago and Overwatch had saved a lot of people over the years. A group of seventeen children probably hadn’t made that much of an impact.

But she still kind of hoped that Taekwoon would remember them, if only so that she could thank him – and the others – again. So she could show them what those seventeen children had become.

“Hmm,” Hakyeon frowned slightly under his mask, “You honestly do look familiar. But that could be my mind play tricks on me. Could you….could you maybe give us some more details?”

“Yeah,” Nayoung nodded, “s-sure. Um, we were just little kids. There was seventeen of us, just like there are now. We didn’t have any parents, so--.”

“So we placed you in the best foster home we could find,” Hakyeon smiled slightly, “so that’s why you both looked so familiar.”

“You remember us?” Namjoon asked before remembering something important, “wait, but…….Soldier……you……you weren’t part of Overwatch. Who….who are you?”

“I guess we can let you in on a little secret,” Hakyeon smiled, slowly removing his mask, “considering what we wanted to ask you.”

The younger pair was silent for a moment as their brains processed exactly what they were seeing.

“N,” Namjoon breathed, eyes wide, “you……you…..”

“I never died,” Hakyeon explained, “that was something that we told everyone to keep our enemy from trying to kill me again.”

“But Flashback,” Nayoung said, thinking back to the news coverage of the funeral, “how……why….”

“We held the funeral under my orders,” Taekwoon explained, “as for Sanghyuk……..Hakyeon might not have been killed, but he did almost die. Those tears were very real, they just weren’t for Hakyeon’s death.”

“I….I get it,” Namjoon said after a moment, “you did what you needed to do to keep everyone safe and alive.”

“Exactly,” Taekwoon nodded, “we didn’t like it. Wonho hit me when he found out. But it was necessary.”

“When Wonho found out?” Nayoung asked, “you mean he didn’t already know?”

“There was only a handful of people who knew that Hakyeon was alive before the funeral,” Taekwoon explained, “myself, Sanghyuk, Wonsik, Hongbin, Jooheon, Sana, Hyemi, and Jinyoung.”

“So you told everyone else after the funeral?” she questioned, wondering why they hadn’t told everyone right away.

“We didn’t,” Hakyeon frowned slightly, “we suspected that someone within Overwatch had been working with our enemies. Turns out that we were right.”

Namjoon and Nayoung fell silent, their minds going crazy trying to figure out who had Overwatch. The very idea seemed crazy, but if Hakyeon and Taekwoon said that was the case…….

“Who?” Namjoon finally asked, “Who….who you?”

“Son Sungah,” Hakyeon told them, “or as you probably knew her, Iron Maiden. The enemy was threatening her creator, ordering her to betray us if she wanted her maker to live.”

The room fell silent as Namjoon and Nayoung digested the information they had been given.

“Do you know why we’ve told you this?” Hakyeon finally asked, |do you know why we’re letting you in on this information?”

“No,” Nayoung frowned, trying to figure out why they would tell her and Namjoon anything about this.

“I can take a guess,” Namjoon said after a moment, “you want us to join you, right?”

“Right,” Taekwoon nodded, “at most, we would like you to become permanent members of Overwatch. At the very least, we would like you to temporarily join us in our fight against our enemies.”

“We need all the fire power we can get,” Hakyeon explained, “the forces employed by our enemy……we aren’t sure if we can take them on and win as we are. But with your help, we have a better chance than we did an hour ago.”

“Well,” Namjoon frowned slightly, “We can’t give you an answer right now since we need to talk things over with the rest of our group. But……I know that I want to help you out.”

“Same here,” Nayoung nodded, smiling slightly, “we’re only here because of you after all. Helping you with this is the least we can do. I think everyone else will feel the same.”

“Go talk things over with them,” Hakyeon smiled kindly, “take as much time as you need. And don’t agree to help us because you think you owe us something.”

The pair nodded before leaving the room to talk things over with the others.

A/N: and a few minutes later, they decided to help hahaha