Hello Old Friends

Overwatch

“Oh my god!” Choa couldn’t stop herself from sobbing at the sight of Hakyeon standing before her.

“You’re dead,” Seolhyun said, voice just above a whisper, “You’re dead. I was at your funeral. I was there when they put your c-coffin in the ground.” She started sobbing, “You’re alive. You’re really alive.” She almost dropped to her knees, but Sanghyuk quickly caught her.

“I’m really alive,” Hakyeon nodded, arms full of a sobbing Hyejeong, Min A, Yuna, and Chanmi.

“How?” Jimin snapped, wiping away the tears leaving wet tracks down her cheeks and fighting very hard not to run into Hakyeon’s arms and sob like the others, “how are you alive? How are you standing here right now?”

“Long story short,” Taekwoon spoke up, “we faked it. We had to make whoever was behind the bomb think Hakyeon was dead. If they knew he was alive…..”

“They would have tried again,” Jimin scowled, “and you didn’t tell any of us because you think someone in our family was in on it.”

“I wondered about that,” Taekwoon nodded, “but I have to admit that I haven’t been able to find any solid proof about who.”

“But someone did sell us out?” Choa questioned.

“From what I can tell,” Taekwoon said, clearly angry that a member of their family could hurt them like that, “yes. Someone sold us out to our enemies.”

“Who knew the truth?” Jimin hissed.

“We did,” Hongbin sighed, pointing between himself, Taekwoon, and Sanghyuk, “so did Wonsik. Jooheon, Sana, Hyemi, and Jinyoung knew since they helped me save Hakyeon’s life. Shownu found out on the day of the funeral. Sanghyuk let it slip.”

“And he told Wonho and the others?” Choa guessed, “But no one else knew?”

“No one else,” Hakyeon nodded.

“I had wanted to tell you,” Sanghyuk spoke up, “I trust you all. So does everyone else. But Taekwoon wasn’t happy with Shownu knowing, let alone Wonho and the guys.”

“The less who know the better,” Taekwoon said, clearly still convinced that he had been right to keep something like this from everyone.

“I hate to say it,” Jimin sighed, “but I agree with Taekwoon.”

“We wondered about there being a mole,” Choa admitted, “but we just……this is our family. We couldn’t believe that someone in our family would do……that.”

“Still hurts that you kept this from us,” Chanmi spoke up, slowly pulling away from her leader and wiping at the eyeliner that her tears had messed up, “eh, my face is a mess.”

“I know,” Taekwoon sighed, resolve breaking just a little in the face of the pain he had caused his family, “and I’m sorry that this hurt you.”

“So,” Choa frowned, wiping away her tears and getting her business face on, “first order of business is finding whoever sold us out.”

“The trail is probably pretty cold,” Jimin nodded, “but we’ll find them. And we’ll figure out why they would turn on us.”

“I’ll give you all the information I’ve gathered,” Taekwoon said, “and Hakyeon has some information as well.”

“Couldn’t stop being a hero, could you?” Choa teased.

“Nope,” Sanghyuk huffed, pretending to be angry, “almost every night he’d sneak out to play hero. Wouldn’t let me come either.”

The girls laughed, commenting that doing something like that was a very Hakyeon move.

A/N: right now, I’m trying to give the non-VIXX cast some time to shine. Hopefully I can get ideas for all of them!