The Old Boss

Overwatch

“Hello?” Taekwoon asked, expecting yet another reporter looking for a career booster. He was getting a lot of those and it had gotten old real fast. He wished that Hakyeon hadn’t made Overwatch’s contact information go public, transparency be damned.

“Hello, Taekwoon,” the person on the other end of the line replied, “it’s been a long time. I’m happy to hear your voice.”

“Junsu,” Taekwoon breathed, “what…..you….I….?”

“Hey, hey,” Yoochun’s spoke up, letting his existence be known, “calm down, Taekwoon. Breath.”

“Why are you so surprised?” Jaejoong joined the conversation as well, “did you really think we wouldn’t call once we heard about what you lot were up to? Overwatch was our baby before it was yours after all.”

“We did expect something,” Taekwoon sighed, “but we didn’t expect it so soon.”

“We were planning to wait,” Yoochun replied, probably shrugging, “but we couldn’t hold in our excitement for that long.”

“We’re so happy to see you all return,” Junsu said and Taekwoon knew he was smiling, “the world needs heroes. It never stopped.”

“Who’s this Soldier guy?” Jaejoong questioned, “How did he find everyone? What’s up with him wanting Overwatch back? Are you sure that he can be trusted?”

“Right to the heart of the matter,” Junsu laughed.

“No time for small talk at all,” Yoochun giggled.

“He can be trusted,” Taekwoon said once his own laugher had calmed, “I’d trust him with my life, Overwatch, and Wonsik’s life.” he paused, wondering if he should maybe give the three a hint as to who Soldier really was, “I trust him with Sanghyuk’s heart, too. No one else who’d look after it better.”

There was a pause on the other end of the call and Taekwoon knew that they had picked up on his hint.

“That’s good,” Junsu finally said, sounding a little bit choked up, “that’s wonderful.”

“Tell him that we wish him luck, Taekwoon?” Jaejoong added, “and that we’re cheering you all on.”

“I will,” Taekwoon promised.

A/N: I just really needed to have the JYJ boys back in this. I mean, they are the reason why Overwatch even existed in the first place, there’s no way they wouldn’t contact the new Overwatch as soon as they heard about it. And no, they will not be active in the new Overwatch. Their names were tainted when Overwatch fell & they don’t want any of that to mess things up for the new Overwatch.