Storming the Enemy Base Part 2

Overwatch

“So,” Jaekhyun scowled, “turns out that the F(x) unit are a real force to be reckoned with.”

“Does that really surprise you?”Johnny laughed, ducking behind a pillar in order to avoid the bullets being fired at him.

“I gotta admit,” she replied, “I kind of let the fact that there’s only five of them cloud my judgment.”

“Well, we do have twelve people,” Woohyun spoke up, “it’s natural to assume that we’d roll right over them.”

“We were careless,” Hyun young shrugged, “it happens.”

“Yeah,” Ji Sook nodded before firing off another round at their enemy, “and it’s not like we got hurt or anything.”

“Should have brought our mechs,” Minhyuk, as in the Monsta X unit member, scowled.

“They’re too big of a target,” Hyungwon told him, “and too big to fit in here without bringing the building down.”

“But we could be done with this fight already,” the older huffed.

“I gotta side with Hyungwon on this,” Minhyuk, as in the BtoB unit member, spoke up, “but he forgot to mention how slow they are and how easy it is to break them.”

“Minhyuk is right,” Jungyeon nodded.

“Which one?” Yuta couldn’t help laughing.

“I have to ask,” Tyu-yu sighed, “who thought that putting both Minhyuks on the same team was a good idea?”

“And they’re both Lee Minhyuk,” Yehana giggled, “so there’s nothing we can do to make it less confusing.”

“I think Hakyeon and Taekwoon were in charge of teams,” Ji Sook frowned slightly.

“Then,” Jaekhyun smirked darkly, “when this is over, I’m going to bring this up to them.”

“Oh dear,” Hyun Young laughed.

“Poor guys,” Johnny winced.

“Is it really that bad?” Woohyun asked as Jaekhyun charged forewords.

“Not really,” Yuta shrugged, “but Jaekhyun can get really pissed off when people mess up her battle strategies. Having two Lee Minhyuks messes up her battle strategy.”

“Poor Hakyeon and Taekwoon,” Jungyeon winced.

 

--

 

“One down,” I.M reported.

“Good,” Taekwoon smile slightly, “one down, four to go.”

“They’re good,” I.M sighed, “wish we’d gotten to these guys first. Could have been great members.”

“It’s regrettable,” Min Ah nodded, “but things are the way they are. Just gotta deal with it.”

“Did you kill him?” Seolhyun questioned.

“Don’t think so,” I.M told her, “honestly, I wasn’t trying to kill them.”

“Me neither,” Uee admitted, “I just…..I don’t know. I just can’t make myself try to kill them.”

“That might be the smarter move,” Jimin said, frowning slightly in thought, “going by what we found, I’m not sure how loyal SHINee is.”

“What do you mean?” Raina asked, “shouldn’t you have mentioned this earlier?”

“We should have,” he nodded, “but we weren’t totally sure about it so……”

“Better to shoot first and ask later,” Wonsik summarized.

“Should we see?” Momo asked, “if they’d surrender? Or even help us?”

“I’m not really in the mood to kill someone who might not want to fight,” Nayeon said.

“It’s worth a try,” L added his opinion to the discussion.

“Should we vote on it?” Mina suggested.

“All those in favor of asking if they’d surrender,” Nana said, “say I.”

Almost everyone said yes.

“That decides it then,” Taekwoon said, “I’ll talk to them, alright?”

“Be careful,” Wonsik said, clearly worried about his boyfriend. Taekwoon quickly kissed him before moving forewords, hands in the air to show that he was unarmed.

“I’m not going to shoot,” Taekwoon called out, “I just want to talk.”

“And your people?” one of the SHINee members yelled back, “will they shoot if our leader steps out? They already shot Minho.”

“We won’t fire if you don’t,” I.M yelled.

“Then let’s talk,” the leader of SHINee, Onew, said, stepping out and making his way over to Taekwoon.

“We wanted to know if there was a way to stop this before someone dies,” Taekwoon said, “if you were open to surrendering to us.”

“That kind of depends on who walks out of this day alive,” Onew replied, “because if SM wins……”

“We’ll win,” Taekwoon said, tone leaving no room for argument, “we refuse to lose to the people who ruined our family.”

“Family, huh?” Onew said, “That sounds nice. We don’t really have that here.”

“You could join us,” Min Ah shouted.

“I’m not against that idea,” Taekwoon said when the sounds of the others hushing her died down, “Overwatch can always use people looking to do good.”

“We’ll think about it,” Onew said after a moment before holding out his arms, “are you gonna cuff me or something? ‘Cuz we surrender.”

 

--

 

“One of the best teams,” Namjoon hissed, holding his bleeding shoulder, “we just had to end up with one of the best teams.”

“Will you stop ing?” Rena snapped, “I am trying to do a good patch job here and you’re messing it up.”

“Sorry,” he apologized.

“They might be one of the best,” Jaehwan smirked, ducking down beside the pair, “but we aren’t an easy win.”

“Still,” Chanmi sighed, “Girls Generation? Really?”

“Right off the bat, too,” Peniel huffed, “you’d think we’ve have gotten some grunts to start with and work our way up to the big dogs.”

“Goes to show,” Jimin laughed, “they’re taking us seriously.”

“Yeah,” Hyejeong grinned, “I’d be offended if they only sent some grunts to take us on. Like grunts could actually challenge us or something.”

“Seeing us as a threat or not isn’t the point,” Dongwoo argued, “the point is that Girls Gen is good. Like, really good.”

“They’re who SM sends in when they want something crushed into dust,” Yuha nodded, “well, them or EXO.”

“We get that,” Hyejeong sighed, “but……well……these are the guys who ruined our family.”

“If Girls Gen is already out on the battle field,” Jaehyun said, “that means that they’re scared of us.”

“It also means that we have to move quicker,” Haechan frowned, “if they’re scared enough, they might start deleating files. We could lose all the evidence to tie them to everything before we even finish this fight.”

“,” Hoseok cursed, “I forgot about that. it all, we need to finish this now and get moving.”

“No,” Jungkook smirked, “we just need to get to a computer. Any computer. I can take it from there.”

“You sure?” Namjoon asked, “I mean, the original plan was for I.M and Nayeon to handle the hacking. Do you think you can do what both of them can?”

“Have some faith,” the younger laughed, “I got this. Plus, I had both of them show me some of their tricks before we left.”

“Then it looks like we have a plan,” Rena said.

“Let’s move,” Namjoon ordered.

 

--

 

“They should have thought twice about sending out their lighting and time users,” Wonho smirked slightly as the time user of EXO dropped, “I mean, really? Do they honestly think we don’t know how to deal with stuff like that?”

“Don’t get cocky,” Choa scolded, “there’s still ten other people.”

“And one is a healer,” Mark added, “meaning just downing them won’t work.”

“I know,” Wonho huffed, “I didn’t just down him.”

“I saw,” Mark, as in the Got7 unit member, replied, “I just wanted to remind everyone.”

“And a good reminder it is,” Taeil hissed, “because I was just about to cheer over downing their wind user.”

“We can just hit him when he pops back up,” Sungkyu said, “not a big deal, “We have to buy Hakyeon time anyway.”

“Ugh,” JB hissed, “don’t remind me.”

“Come on, man,” Jackson laughed, “you can’t be too bitter ‘bout it.”

“It’s not that I’m bitter,” JB argued, “it’s just…..what if something goes wrong? I do not want to be the one who has to tell Sanghyuk that his husband is dead. For real this time.”

“We really should have insisted on someone going with him,” Woori sighed, “even just one person to watch is back is better than no one.”

“You heard him,” No Eul shrugged, “he was gonna go off to face the CEO by himself no matter what we did or said to him.”

“I’m honestly a little shocked,” Yoongi spoke up after dropping the flight user, “I thought Hakyeon was more…….on control.”

“These are the people who almost killed him,” Mark, as in the NCT unit member, replied, “honestly, we should have expected this. He was way too calm.”

“Sanghyuk probably knew,” Woori scowled, “that’s why Hakyeon insisted Sanghyuk was on Taeyong’s team. Damn it, should have noticed that sooner.”

“Forget buying him time,” JB ordered, “we need to end this and go help him.”

“I agree,” Choa nodded, “let’s move it people.”

 

--

 

Hakyeon slowly entered the CEO’s office, expecting all kinds of traps and guards waiting for him. Instead he found the CEO sitting at his desk alone.

“You’re really alone?” Hakyeon scoffed, “no guards? No traps? Nothing at all?”

“Soldier,” the CEO greeted, “I must say, I didn’t expect you to make it this far. I assume this means that my men and women have been killed.”

“Maybe,” Hakyeon shrugged, “maybe not. I don’t really care.”

“Really?” the CEO raised an eyebrow, “what do you care about then?”

“Getting justice,” Hakyeon replied, “taking you to jail.”

“I’m curious,” the CEO pressed, “why do you care? You weren’t Overwatch back then. What difference does it make to you what happened to them?”

“I was Overwatch back then,” Hakyeon hissed, removing his mask, “I am Cha-Han Hakyeon, codename N. And I’m arresting you for what you did to my family.”

“You faked your death,” the old man scowled, “I shouldn’t of blindly believed the news. I, of all people, should have known that.”

“Should have,” Hakyeon smirked slightly, “but you didn’t. Regret it in prison.”

The CEO went quietly. Hakyeon felt more than a little annoyed that the man didn’t have anything on him that he could use to fight back with. Clearly, he’d expected his army to win, that he wouldn’t have to do anything.

A/N: I only realized well after the fact that I had Mark and Mark and Minhyuk and Minhyuk on the same teams. With Minhyuk and Minhyuk, I could make it funny. But with Mark and Mark……not so much. Anyway, the big battle is over and brings the end of this story that much closer.