Turns out I Loved You All Along

Overwatch

“So,” Sanghyuk said, taking a seat across from Hongbin, “how’s Sana?”

“She’s good?” the doctor frowned slightly, “why?”

“Really?” Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow, “it’s been how long and you two are still pretending that you’re just friends?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Hongbin frowned even more.

“Hongbin,” Sanghyuk gave a tired, long-suffering sigh, “We’ve been here for…….what? A couple of months now? After ten years apart, how can you still not realize that you like Sana? How can you still be pulling this ‘we’re friends’ bull?”

“But we are,” Hongbin said.

“Oh for crying out loud,” Sanghyuk huffed, throwing up his hands in frustration, “are you freaking kidding me?”

“What’s wrong?” Hakyeon asked, taking a seat beside his husband.

“What did Hongbin do this time?” Wonsik teased as he took the empty seat beside Hongbin, Taekwoon chuckling as he took the empty seat beside his boyfriend. The soldier moved to rest his head on the scientist’s shoulder, accepting the food that Wonsik offered him. Everyone took a moment to playfully roll their eyes at the display of affection.

“He’s insisting that he and Sana are just friends,” Sanghyuk huffed.

“Really?” Taekwoon questioned, sending Hongbin a disbelieving look.

“Are you joking?” Wonsik scoffed, “you have to be joking?”

“Hongbin,” Hakyeon frowned slightly, “I hate to tell you what you’re feeling, but…..you like Sana. Ask anyone, they’ll tell you the same thing.”

“See!” Sanghyuk snapped, flashing Hongbin a smug smile, “told you.”

“I-I,” Hongbin tried to deny it before he started thinking over what his friends were telling him.

Honestly, he’d never really given his feelings for Sana much thought. She was his friend and he’d always left it at that. Well, maybe he’d given it a couple of passing thoughts, but nothing that was dwelled over for too long. Well, maybe he’d given it more thought then that. Back when Overwatch had ended and Sana was leaving, he’d sure thought a lot about his feelings. He’d spent a while thinking about it after she’d left, too.

But after ten years……he’d thought that those feelings had faded. Now that he was being forced to take a good, long look at his feelings, he realized that they hadn’t faded at all. Heck, they’d probably gotten stronger.

God, did he hate it when Sanghyuk was right.

 

--

 

“So,” Hongbin said, trying to be casual about it, “I’ve been hearing some things.”

“Because that’s not ominous or anything,” Sana laughed, “but do tell. What are you hearing? And from who?”

“Everyone,” he explained, “and they’ve been saying that we have feelings for each other.”

“And this is news how?” she laughed, “Everyone’s known that for years. Well, other than you.”

“Seriously?” Hongbin yelled after a pause, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I thought you should figure it out on your own,” Sana smiled, “and I had money on when you’d figure it out. I figure whoever told you wanted to win some money way more than they actually wanted us to get together.”

“Oh my god,” he sighed, shoulders sagging, “I hate all of you.”

“It was Sanghyuk, wasn’t it?” Sana pressed, “it had to be. Both him and Hakyeon had a lot of money riding on this week.” She paused, “but I think E-Young might have jumped in on this week, too.”

“It was Sanghyuk,” Hongbin told her, “him, Hakyeon, Taekwoon, and Wonsik.”

“Figures,” she nodded, “if you’d just waited just one more week, I could have really cleaned up. I mean, do you have any idea how much money was involved?”

“I hate everyone,” Hongbin sighed.

“No you don’t,” Sana laughed throwing her arms around him and quickly kissing him, “at the very least, you love me.”

“Yeah,” he laughed, “I do.” He pulled Sana in for a longer kiss.

A/N: let’s be real here, the other Overwatch members would TOTALLY put a bet on the Sabin relationship. Also, Sabin is a great ship name. haha says the person who thought of it.