Accident

Overwatch

Hongbin rushed through the war zone, stopping whenever h reached someone who needed his help. He kept telling Wonsik and Wonho to fix his wings, that he couldn’t do his job right if he had to run around, but both men had a ton of work to get to before they could even think of Hongbin’s wings. The doctor got that, but he still couldn’t help but feel a little bit bitter about the whole thing.

“Mercy,” he heard Hakyeon order over the coms, “JB needs some medical assistance.”

“On it,” Hongbin replied, heading off in the direction his GPS told him JB was.

He didn’t get too far before there was an explosion near him. It sounded like it was right in his ear and Hongbin had a moment of clear thought to wonder if his eardrums would be too damaged to be fixed after this. Then the ability to have clarity of thought was gone and all Hongbin could feel was pain. He felt himself scream, but couldn’t hear anything. He couldn’t feel himself lying on the ground, blood dripping from his ruined arm and deep cuts to everything else. His mind couldn’t register Hakyeon’s yelling through the coms, asking what had happened.

Before anyone could get to him, Hongbin’s world faded to black.

Sanghyuk was the first to get to him. The sight of his friend so……so broken looking……..for a moment he thought Hongbin was dead. Then Sana was there, rushing to check his vitals and screaming for an immediate evacuation as soon as she knew he was still alive. She and Sera were the only other medics who’d been brought along for this mission so trying to keep Hongbin alive during the trip back to base fell to them.

That shouldn’t have been a problem since both were highly skilled, more than capable of keeping Hongbin alive. But Sana was pretty much useless because she was crying so hard, panicking over her sort-of-not-really-maybe boyfriend being so badly wounded. Sera was good, but keeping Hongbin’s vitals steady by herself was a task anyone would find difficult. Thankfully they got back to the base in record time with Sanghyuk’s flying and Sera soon had help from Jooheon, Hyemi, and Jinyoung.

“He’ll be ok,” Hakyeon said, trying to sound more confident then he felt as he hugged Sana tightly.

“Hongbin is strong,” Sanghyuk added, trying to assure himself as much as Sana, “he’ll get through this. I know it.”

A/N: I’ve wanted to write about what happened to Hongbin since I wrote the first piece about him losing his arm. And now I have. I am not proud of myself. So I had originally planned to have Hongbin end up with Youngji (the reporter girl from ‘We’re Back’) ‘cuz, well, Error. But then I wrote Sana’s part in ‘The First Time’ and I wasn’t so sure anymore. I guess we all know what I decided to do hahaha.