Breaking Down

Overwatch

“Hakyeon?” Sanghyuk asked, opening the door of their bedroom a crack.

There was no reply and the light of the hall did little to illuminate the room. That just made Sanghyuk worry more. Earlier, there had been a report on one of the big news networks that bashed Overwatch. It had been a long and detailed report, way more than Sanghyuk felt was necessary. All the other Overwatch members who’d watched it had agreed with him and the whole viewing party had ended with some very angry people.

It was only after everyone had started leaving that Sanghyuk had realized that Hakyeon was long gone.

“Hakyeon?” Sanghyuk asked, slipping into the room and closing the door tightly behind himself, “Sweetie? Are you in here?”

“Hyukkie,” was the whispered reply and Sanghyuk’s eyes had adjusted enough to the darkness to see something move slightly in the direction of their bed.

“Oh, baby,” Sanghyuk sighed sadly, moving to climb into bed beside his husband. He wrapped his arms tightly around his lover and just held him.

“The report,” Hakyeon finally whispered and Sanghyuk had never heard him sound so broken before.

“It’s alright,” Sanghyuk assured the other man, pressing gentle kisses to Hakyeon’s face, “it’s going to be alright, sweetie.”

“But,” Hakyeon sobbed, wrapping his arms around Sanghyuk and holding him like he thought the other was going to leave and never come back.

“It’s ok,” Sanghyuk hushed him, “just…….just cry, ok? Let it all out.”

Hakyeon did just that, crying into Sanghyuk’s shirt until he fell asleep and the shirt was uncomfortably damp. Sanghyuk just held his lover tightly and prayed that things would get better and that he’d never have to see Hakyeon so broken again.

Unfortunately, he would see the other in this state many more times.

A/N: another of those “been on the ‘to write’ list for ages” chapters. Pretty happy with how this turned out even if it does kill my heart a little to see the chasang couple so sad.