It's Over

Overwatch

“Hakyeon,” Sanghyuk softly called as he entered the elder’s office.

“What is it, Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon asked, not looking away from his laptop.

“You shouldn’t be up,” Sanghyuk lightly scolded him, “you need to rest.”

“I’m fine,” was the short reply.

“The blood leaking through your bandages begs to differ,” Sanghyuk tried to joke, but his smile died when Hakyeon didn’t respond, “you really shouldn’t be watching the news.”

“They’ve disbanded Overwatch,” Hakyeon hissed, “they’re forcing everyone to go back home.”

“I know,” Sanghyuk nodded, “we got the notification this morning.”

“And you didn’t tell me?” Hakyeon snapped, “You didn’t tell me that the people are happy about it? That they’re saying it’s about time?”

“I was going to tell you that we were disbanded,” Sanghyuk frowned, “but you didn’t need to hear the other stuff. Not with everything else that’s happened.”

“That isn’t your call,” Hakyeon yelled, “I know what I can and can’t take better then you do.”

Sanghyuk couldn’t help but recoil as if he’d been struck. Maybe he had. Sanghyuk had never heard Hakyeon use that tone of voice before with anyone, let alone him. And he’d never yelled at Sanghyuk before either. Well, besides yelling a heads up in battle, but that was a given.

But then again, that was before their base was blown up and Hakyeon presumed killed in the blast.

“I’m sorry,” Sanghyuk said, looking down to hide the tears that had formed in his eyes.

“Sanghyuk,” Hakyeon’s voice softened as he realized that he’d upset Sanghyuk, “No, I’m sorry.  I know you’re just trying to protect me.”

“I still should have told you,” Sanghyuk replied, deciding that Hakyeon needed to hear him say it even if they both knew he didn’t mean it. As far as Sanghyuk was conserved, Hakyeon didn’t need to hear the people’s comments about Overwatch being disbanded.

And he especially didn’t need to hear all the heartless people saying that Sanghyuk’s husband deserved to be dead. The monsters that had cheered at the news of Hakyeon’s ‘death’ and wished that the other Overwatch members had died, too.

“Help me to bed,” Hakyeon sighed, “you’re right, I should rest.”

“I wasn’t kidding about the bloody bandages,” Sanghyuk said, moving to pick Hakyeon up, “I need to change them before you lay down.”

“I’m sorry you have to put up with so much trouble,” Hakyeon frowned, “I’m sure being married to me can’t be easy. Especially right now.”

“I promised to be by your side forever,” Sanghyuk replied, “through thick and thin.”

“Thank you,” Hakyeon whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you, too. Now and forever, no matter what.”

A/N: this one was a little hard to write ‘cuz we’re getting into bitter and jaded Hakyeon and…..well, does Hakyeon look bitter and jaded to you? He’s our wonderful, kind hearted leader and put him in the role of Soldier: 76 means, well, that kind heartedness has to die. I mean, just look at that character trailer *shakes head sadly* poor Solider: 76