Pride

Overwatch

“Come quick!” Mark yelled, “They’re on the news!”

“!” Johnny hissed, smashing his toes against a chair in his rush to get to the living room.

“Who is it?” Yuta questioned, dropping down onto the couch between Doyoung and Haechan.

“Looks like N,” Taeil reported, “and Flashback. Mercy might be there, too.”

“Hush!” Taeyong hissed at everyone, “they’re about to start talking.”

The group fell silent, listening to the news reporter relaying the events of Overwatch’s most recent exploits. As the report went on, the group’s smiles grew bigger and bigger.

“They’re so cool,” WinWin sighed when the next report started and Mark turned off the TV.

“Did you see the clip of Flashback?” Yuta grinned brightly, “He was so badass!”

“What about Shownu?” Jaehyun asked, “Flashback wouldn’t be able to do half of the stuff he does without Shownu watching his back.

“Forget them,” Haechan laughed, “JB was awesome beyond words!”

“I….I wish we could work with them,” Doyoung sighed,

“We kind of already do,” Taeil pointed out, “but I get what you’re saying.” The others all nodded or hummed their agreement.

“I know I’ve said this before,” Taeyong said, “but we’re an important part of Overwatch. We do what the others can’t.”

“We know,” Haechan playfully rolled his eyes, “we’re just saying, getting to hang out with everyone else…….getting to be a real, visible part of Overwatch…….that would be awesome.”

“I know,” Taeyong smiled sadly, “I’d like that, too.”

“I’m going to call Hyun Young,” Yuta said as he left the room, “She was in the area where Overwatch was today, so I wanna know if she saw anything.”

“I’m gonna check in with Seung A,” WinWin decided, “see how her mission is going.”

“I wanna know how she’s doing, too,” Doyoung said, following the other.

The rest of the boys all left to do their own things – some to train, some to relax, and some to call the girls. This left Taeyong alone, looking at the dark TV screen and wishing that one day he and his team – as well as the Rainbow girls – could stand beside the regular Overwatch members.

A/N: I really wanted to show how much the Black Ops teams looked up to the normal Overwatch members. I think I’ve done that very well.