Seen You Before

Overwatch

“So what’s up with the early wakeup call?” Woohyun yawned, trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes.

“The members who were away on a mission when we arrived are coming back today,” Sungkyu reported, “N said—I mean Hakyeon said that we should be up and ready to help wherever needed.”

“Alright,” Hoya nodded, “when are they set to arrive?”

“Any time now,” Sungkyu replied, “which means we should be in the hanger ten minutes ago.”

“Don’t worry,” L assured the leader, “we’re almost there. I bet everyone’s is still standing around waiting.”

This proved to be wrong a couple of minutes later when the seven arrived to find that the plane had already arrived and everyone was in the middle of unpacking its cargo.

“You’re late,” Hongbin teased when he noticed them, “be careful about that. Don’t pull your weight and we’ll kick you out.”

“Sorry,” Sungkyu apologized, bowing before rushing to help. The others echoed his actions.

“Be nice,” a man’s voice called out from inside the plane, “don’t scare the new recruits of before I get a chance to meet them.”

“But I can scare them after that, right?” Hongbin laughed in return.

“Sure,” the man replied, finally stepping off the plane and the seven young men froze.

They all knew who this man was. He was Han Sanghyuk, the man who had helped inspired them to become the heroes that they were today. He looked a little older, but that was only natural considering how long it had been since they last saw him.

“Sanghyuk?” Hoya breathed, eyes wide with excitement and confusion, “you….you’re here?” He paused, suddenly realizing exactly where ‘here’ was, “what…what are you doing here?”

“Wait,” Dongwoo frowned, finally noticing exactly what Sanghyuk was wearing, “you’re wearing……..why are you……..you….……you’re Flashback?”

They all thought back to the news coverage of Overwatch since their grand return and suddenly felt very, very stupid for not recognizing Sanghyuk. Hakyeon had been the only one hiding his face in any way, everyone else had ditched the devices that they had once used to hide their identities. It had been a big symbolic gesture about Overwatch not hiding anything from the public, about wanting the people to trust them again and working to gain that trust.

“Huh?” Sanghyuk blinked for a moment, clearly confused, but then his eyes widened in realization and he smiled brightly, “wow. It’s been a while. Long time no see, guys.”

“You never told us you were Overwatch,” Sungjong said in a teasing tone, moving to hug Sanghyuk.

“Would you have believed me if I did?” Sanghyuk replied, “Plus, that would have ruined the whole secret identity thing.”

“I’m more upset that you stopped writing,” Sungyeol said, giving Sanghyuk a hug as well, “but Hoya was even more upset when you said you had to stop writing.”

“Overwatch was restarting,” Sanghyuk tried to defend himself, “I didn’t think I was going to have any time to write you. It was already tricky enough trying to keep up with all the changing addresses.”

“You make it sound like that’s all our fault,” L laughed, “you moved around just as much.”

“Hey,” Hongbin huffed, unhappy about being out of the loop, “fill me in here?”

“Oh!” Sanghyuk blinked in surprise, remember his best friend was in the room, “I met these guys a few years back when I was paying a visit to my mother for a couple of months. We hit it off and stayed in contact through letters.”

“I’ll pretend I’m not offended that I never got any letters,” Hongbin scowled, but the look in his eyes assured Sanghyuk that he was fooling around. He knew why they hadn’t been able to contact each other.

“I’d love to stay and chat,” Sanghyuk said, turning back to the seven, “but I’ve got to report back to Hakyeon. We can talk later, though.”

“Later,” Sungkyu promised and then Sanghyuk was off to find Overwatch’s leader.

“Alright,” Hongbin said, calling attention back to the task at hand, “let’s get this over with, I have things to do today and I’m sure you all do as well.”

 

--

 

“Sanghyuk is Flashback,” Dongwoo sighed as the group made their way back to their rooms, “who would have guessed?”

“We really should have known,” Woohyun grumbled, “do I feel stupid for not realizing that sooner or what?”

“That just makes everything better though,” Sungjong grinned, “it means that Flashback thought we could become heroes. A real hero took a look at us, seven kids fresh out of college with a dream of doing some good, and thought we could make a difference.”

“And now we get to work side by side with him,” L nodded in agreement.

“You’ve been weirdly silent,” Sungyeol suddenly said, looking at Hoya with a worried look in his eyes, “something wrong?”

“I’d have thought you’d be more excited about this,” Sungkyu nodded, realizing that Hoya had been silent since they realized who Sanghyuk was, “I mean, you’ve had a crush on Sanghyuk for ages. Now you’ll get to see him all the time.”

“Sungkyu,” Hoya growled, clearly giving his leader a silent warning to keep his mouth shut.

“Well he’s right,” Dongwoo shrugged, “this could be your chance to finally make a move. I don’t get why you’re so……like this.”

“He’s married,” Hoya snapped.

“Huh?”

“Oh my god,” Hoya tossed up his hands in frustration, “Flashback is married to N. Sanghyuk is married to Hakyeon. What part of that is unclear?”

“I’d forgotten about that,” L said after a moment.

“He said his husband was dead,” Woohyun frowned, “I just….I thought….”

“That’s what they had to tell the world in order to keep him safe,” Hoya sighed, anger quickly fading, “and I’m pretty sure he’ll stay ‘dead’ until Overwatch’s enemies are all gone and it’s safe to tell everyone the truth. And part of that truth is that Sanghyuk and Hakyeon are happily married.”

A/N: poor Hoya. Feel so bad for him and his poor heart. He, Wonho, Wonsik, and Jaehwan should form a club: Hyuk Lovers United! Hahahaha….haha……ha…..yeah, that’s a bad joke if I ever heard one.