Following Their Lead

Overwatch

“Well,” Namjoon remarked, “I’ll be.”

“Huh?” Seokjin asked, looking up from making breakfast for the group, “what’s going on?”

“Guess who’s made a glorious return to the world,” Namjoon grinned, holding up his news paper so that the other could read the cover.

“Holy !” Seokjin cried, forgetting the cooking food as he rushed forewords to grab the paper so he could get a closer look, “Seriously?”

“Seriously,” Namjoon nodded, grinning brightly, “can’t really believe it myself, but there it is in black and white.”

“Flashback looks older,” Seokjin remarked, looking over the photo spread carefully, “I mean, naturally he would since it’s been ten years, but still….”

“I know,” Namjoon nodded, “you can see a fair bit of gray in Lab Monkey’s fur, too.”

“Mercy doesn’t look like he’s ages at all though,” the older of the pair laughed, “bet he teases the others about that back at the base.”

“Probably,” Namjoon laughed before turning serious, “take a look at the last picture.”

“N?” Seokjin gasped after doing as told, “But….but he’s dead.”

“That isn’t N,” Namjoon explained, “That’s Overwatch’s new leader. They’re calling him Soldier.”

“Soldier,” Seokjin repeated, looking over the photo with a critical eye, “but…but why is he dressed like N?”

“I’m thinking its means something,” the younger shrugged, “maybe a warning to those who ruined Overwatch’s rep? Or maybe it’s supposed to be some kind of….of symbol of hope. N was a huge symbol of hope, so why wouldn’t the new guy dress like he did.”

“Or maybe it’s really N,” Hoseok suggested as he entered the room, “maybe he didn’t die.”

“That sounds crazy,” Seokjin argued, “he’s dead. We saw the funeral. We saw Flashback’s tears. No way that was faked! No way Flashback would react like that if his husband was still alive.”

“I’m just throwing out a theory,” Hoseok shrugged, “no need to get worked up about it.”

“Anyway,” Namjoon said, putting a stop to that conversation before it turned into stupid and pointless argument, “with Overwatch coming back, I was thinking……maybe we should stop working in the shadows.”

“Huh?” the other two turned to him looking very surprised.

“It’s just an idea,” he assured them, “and we’d need to talk to the others about it but……”

“We’ll talk about it with everyone when they get up,” Seokjin said, finally returning to making breakfast, “honestly, I kind of like the idea.”

“Ditto,” Hoseok nodded, “but the others need to have a say as well.”

A/N: and we all know what they decided to do.