Joining the Team

Overwatch

“So,” Dongwoo asked, taking a seat beside Sungjong on the couch, “what’s this meeting about, Sungkyu?”

“You all remember Overwatch?” the leader asked, “dumb question, of course we all remember them.”

“We remember,” L nodded, “we’re only doing this because of them.”

“Why ask that?” Hoya questioned, “Is this about their comeback?”

“Yeah,” Sungkyu nodded, “they contacted us earlier today.”

“What?” Sungyeol gasped, jumping to his feet in excitement and sitting back down when he realized everyone was looking at him.

“Why did they reach out?” Woohyun asked, trying to act all cool about it when really he was just as excited as Sungyeol was.

“They wanted us to join them,” Sungkyu told them and waited for the news to sink in.

“Oh my god!” Hoya screamed, jumping up and shaking Dongwoo excitedly, “they want us to join them!”

“Holy crap,” L gasped, shock clear on his face, “they….they want us……holy crap.”

“Y-you’re sure it’s them, right?” Dongwoo asked, almost yelling in order to be heard over Woohyun and Sungyeol’s cheering.

“I’m sure,” Sungkyu nodded, “I take it that no one would be against joining up with them?”

“That would be awesome!” Sungjong nodded, moving to hug the leader, “please tell me that you told them yes.”

“Not yet,” Sungkyu explained, “I wanted to be sure that we all wanted to join. We’ve been doing the solo hero team thing for a while…..being part of a huge group like Overwatch is going to be a massive change. Are you all sure that’s what you want to do?”

“The only reason we’re doing the hero thing is Overwatch,” L nodded, “why wouldn’t we take the chance to work with Flashback and Mercy and Leo and Shownu and I.M and…..” he trailed off, listing all of his favorite heroes.

“And think of how much good we’d be able to do with them helping us!” Dongwoo added.

“Then I’ll call Leo back,” Sungkyu smiled, “let him know that we’re in.”

“Hey,” Hoya said, “not to be a buzz kill, but why do they need us?”

“I asked,” the leader sighed, “apparently not everyone was willing to come back, to leave the lives they had built. And others, well, others died in the time Overwatch was away. They need a boost to their numbers.” He laughed, “Flashback yelled something about needing some young blood since they’re all old men and Leo told him to shut up or get out of his office.”

The other boys laughed, looking forewords to finally getting to meet their heroes.

A/N: was trying to think of something to write since I didn’t want to launch into Black Ops stuff just yet. finally came up with this and I’m happy. might do one for After School, but I don’t think their reactions to getting a call from Overwatch would be much different so……it would kind of be an unneeded rehash and I don’t really like those.