New People Come

Overwatch

“Hey,” Taekwoon said, “you called?”

“Junsu sent some files,” Hakyeon explained, “a couple of possible recruits. He wanted us to look them over, decide if we want them or not.”

“Alright,” Taekwoon said, taking a seat across from Hakyeon, “pass me the files.”

“First up is Jo Sojin,” Hakyeon said, passing over the first file, “she’s got powers.”

“Electricity?” Taekwoon blinked as he read over the documents he’d been handed, “How the heck do you get a power like that?”

“You’re dating a guy who can turn into an animal,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “I’m engaged to a guy who can distort time. Erin has ice powers. Who knows what gifts the Black Ops units have going for them. Electricity…….yeah, not that weird.”

“Right,” Taekwoon nodded, ”but that’s not what I meant. I was referring to how she got that kind of power. My imagination is creating an image of a freak lighting storm and a girl walking away with electricity powers after getting hit by a bolt.”

“You can ask her when you meet her,” Hakyeon shrugged, “but I’m sure it’s something more……mundane. A lab experiment gone wrong or something like that.”

“How is a lab experiment gone wrong mundane?” Taekwoon asked after a moment.

“Out of every person we know with powers,” Hakyeon explained, “how many of them got them from experiments in a lab?” He paused, “even…..even Eunji’s fire guns came from an experiment that didn’t go as planned.”

“True,” Taekwoon nodded, his mood souring slightly at the mention of their fallen family member. Eunji had been a good friend to both of them and her death………the wounds still hadn’t healed completely for either.

“I think we should take her,” Hakyeon said, getting back to the business at hand, “her talents could really help Overwatch.”

“I agree,” Taekwoon nodded, “what about the other girl?”

“Lee Keumjo,” Hakyeon smile slightly, handing over the second file, “she’s a skilled medic. Very talented.” Hakyeon’s smile grew, “but honestly? That isn’t why I want to accept her into our ranks.”

“Huh?” Taekwoon frowned slightly, turning his full attention to the file in hopes of figuring out why Hakyeon wanted to accept her into Overwatch.

When he got to the part about who had recommended Keumjo, he started to smile.

“Sera recommended her, huh?” Taekwoon chuckled.

“Apparently she was helping look after Sera’s mother,” Hakyeon’s grin grew, “but since Sera has to move her mother someplace with a better climate and Keumjo can’t come with them………well, we are still looking for a talented medic who can fill Sera’s shoes.”

“We’re accepting her,” Taekwoon nodded in agreement.

A/N: I really like that this and ‘Some People Go’ address that the old Overwatch membership changed over time ‘cuz people left or died and new talents were found. It…..idk, gives things a bit more……..depth? like, everyone is all “Overwatch is a family” and it puts this idea into your head that everyone stayed together and wouldn’t ever leave, but the reality is that during its existence the old Overwatch did lose some people and gain new ones but no matter what they’re still a family.