A New Home

Overwatch

“We need a new place,” Sanghyuk huffed, trying to get something out of the kitchen without knocking into anyone and failing, “this place…..it’s built for two people max.”

“I agree whole heartedly,” Taekwoon sighed, waving off Hongbin’s apology when they knocked into each other for the nth time trying to make lunch for everyone, “this is getting kind of ridiculous.”

“But where would we go?” Hakyeon challenged, “Our options are beyond limited, both by price and the fact that we need to stay hidden.”

“But we also can’t stay here,” Taekwoon pointed out, “between the four of us, Wonsik, Wonsik’s work, Jaehwan, and Shownu and his crew……..trying to fit us all in here is crazy.”

“And we’ve got more people coming,” Sanghyuk reminded everyone, “JB said he’d be here by the end of the week and the rest of his team should be showing up a couple weeks later.”

“Choa and Jimin are trying to figure out when they and the girls can come,” Hongbin added, “and last thing I heard from Momo is that they’re all still talking about it. Pretty likely they’ll show up at our door though. Most of them hate the independent crew thing.”

“We still can’t afford it,” Hakyeon huffed, “and we still need to stay hidden. I’m not arguing our need for a new place, I’m arguing that we can’t get one.”

“Can I throw in my two cents?” Shownu spoke up.

“Sure,” Hakyeon nodded, “what’s your idea?”

“We have a base,” Shownu said, “mostly underground, lots of space. I think it will work, but maybe Hakyeon and Taekwoon should give it a once over before we decide anything.”

“And you couldn’t have mentioned this before?” Sanghyuk teased his partner, moving to mess up the mercenary’s hair to signal his displeasure.

“Sorry,” Shownu laughed, “I didn’t know if Hakyeon already had a plan or something.”

“I’ve got pictures,” I.M said, moving to sit beside Hakyeon and waving Taekwoon over while pulling out his phone, “so you can get a basic idea of what to expect.”

“Out of curiosity,” Taekwoon smiled slightly, “why do you guys have such a big base?”

“Honestly,” Minhyuk laughed, “we built it hoping that our family would come back together and we could all live together like before.”

“Looks like we’re gonna get that wish,” Kihyun grinned brightly, throwing his arms around those closest to him.

“Looks like we have a base then,” Hakyeon smiled fondly, the idea that his family had wanted to reunite just as much as him threatening to leave him crying.

“I’ll let everyone know about the change in destination,” Taekwoon said, “and I’ll tell Wonsik.”

“Start packing?” Hongbin asked their leader and Hakyeon nodded.

A/N: I got to thinking that there was no way that Wonsik could be hanging out someplace with enough room for all the new and old Overwatch members. Even if he did back when Overwatch disbanded, it’s been ten years, costs money, and he probably filled up a lot of space with his work. Also, I really like the idea that some of the other former members missed their family just like Hakyeon and company did and, ya know, got a base large enough to fit everyone.