The Black Ops Unit

Overwatch

    

“A Black Ops unit?” Hakyeon frowned, looking over the files before him, “do we really need one?”

“We do,” Junsu replied, “Overwatch is very public. Wherever it’s members go, people notice. That limits the things you can do, the places you can go.”

“If we’re going to put a stop to all of this violence,” Yoochun added, “then we need to have people we can send on missions that…..aren’t something we want Overwatch to be seen doing.”

“Assassinations,” Taekwoon frowned, trying to think of things that he couldn’t see ‘the hope of the innocent’ Overwatch doing, “sneaking in and killing whole terrorist cells. Things like that, right?”

“Exactly,” Jaejoong nodded sadly, “personally, I wish we didn’t have to.”

“But sometimes we have no choice,” Junsu reminded his friend, “Not if we want to stop this war.”

“I know,” Jaejoong sighed, “just want it on record that I don’t like it.”

“Ditto,” Yoochun said, “for all of us. But Junsu is right. It’s a necessity.”

“So who is this Black Ops unit going to answer to?” Hakyeon asked, “Me?”

“If they’re supposed to be separate from Overwatch,” Taekwoon frowned, “then shouldn’t they answer to someone else?”

“They’ll answer to the three of us,” Yoochun explained, “by specifically me. We’re going to make it look like they’re a secret side project of mine. Something no one in Overwatch knows about.”

“Alright,” Hakyeon nodded, “I don’t like it, but ok.”

“You two will need to read over their files,” Junsu said, “just so you have an idea about who they are and what they do.”

“Yeah,” Hakyeon nodded, flipping open a file, “Rainbow? What kind of name is that for a Black Ops team?”

“A clever one,” Junsu scowled.

“NCT,” Taekwoon read, flipping out another, “127? U? Dream? Why so many names?”

“Rainbow Pixie?” Hakyeon kept going, “Rainbow BLAXX? Seriously, what is up with all these weird names?”

“Rainbow and NCT are the main units,” Jaejoong said and Yoochun moved to cover Junsu’s mouth, “127, U, Dream, Pixie, and BLAXX are all subunits. Each subunit specializes in different areas. Dream, for example, specializes in undercover missions. U, in contrast, is generally more tech based so if we need something hacked, we call in them.”

“Ok,” Hakyeon sighed, “we’ll take these files back to the base, read them over, and then return them to you. That alright?”

“Works for us,” Jaejoong nodded.

A/N: I have to admit, I wasn’t so sure about what girl group to give the title of ‘Black Ops team’. NCT was very much a ‘duh, obviously’ choice. All the members, all the units…..it just seemed like the most fitting choice (that being said, the focus will be most on NTC 127 since I’m better versed in them then NCT Cream or NCT U). Clearly, I decided to make Rainbow my female Black Ops members. Yeah, yeah I did do it mostly ‘cuz the idea of a Black Ops team being called Rainbow made me smile. Also ‘cuz I really like Rainbow and I’m still really sad that they disbanded. Anyway, this is also one of those chapters that I was really excited to post ‘cuz I want to see what you guys think. Yeah, that’s my not so subtle way of asking for comments.

Also, sorry if updates are a bit......spaced for the next while. I'm finally trying to finish one of my chapterd stories that I lost my love for since just leaving it isn't fair to those readers. That's taking a lot of my focus, so this story is getting a little bit of the back burner treatment. Once that other story is finished, this is going right back to the number 1 spot on my priority list, promise!