Ending Of a Romance

Overwatch

“Hey,” Sanghyuk said, standing in the doorway of Wonsik’s lab, “I said hey.”

“Sorry,” Wonsik looked up from his work, rushing over to Sanghyuk’s side, “I didn’t notice you were here. I was caught up trying to fix………this.” He gestured to all of Sanghyuk, referring to the time powers Sanghyuk was just getting the hang of controlling.

Sanghyuk felt a flash of anger over the gesture, but he forced it down. It would do him no good and he needed to be calm for the conversation that was about to happen. He had to remember that his powers were an accident, Wonsik hadn’t meant for any of it to happen.

“Wonsik,” Sanghyuk sighed, “we need to talk.”

“About what?” Wonsik paused, eyes wide with fear. Sanghyuk suspected he already knew exactly what they were about to talk about.

“Us,” Sanghyuk sighed, memories of the good times flashing through his mind.

They had been good together once. It felt like a life time ago, but really it had only been a few years prior. They had laughed and loved and been happy. And then Sanghyuk woke up one day and realized that everything…….it wasn’t as perfect as he’d once thought. He started noticing this before the accident, and now……now the truth was standing right in front of him and he couldn’t pretend anymore.

“Sanghyuk,” Wonsik begged, “please, don’t do this.”

“I have to,” Sanghyuk sighed sadly, “Wonsik, you know as well as I do that we haven’t been working for a while. This….this is a long time coming.”

“Don’t say that!” Wonsik yelled, “We’re fine!” he paused, “this is because if what happened, right? Sanghyuk, I swear I can fit it. I can make things right. Please, just…..just give me some more time.”

“Wonsik!” Sanghyuk snapped, “You can’t fix this. And we can’t be fixed either. We’re over. We have been for ages.”

“You aren’t trying!” Wonsik snapped right on back, “we can fix this if you just try!”

That really set Sanghyuk off.

“I’m not trying?” Sanghyuk yelled, glaring darkly at the other, “Me? Oh, that’s rich. Newsflash, I’ve been the only one trying for a long time. You’ve been caught up in your work. Do you even remember what day it was? Do you?”

“W-No?” Wonsik blinked, trying to recall what Sanghyuk was referring to.

“It was our anniversary!” Sanghyuk screamed, shoving Wonsik back angrily, “we should have been having a nice anniversary dinner. Instead, you were here, working. Just like you always are. And do you know how many other times you canceled dates for work? Because I lost count after forty. This is why I’m ending this, Wonsik. Because I’m sick of canceled dates. I’m sick of waiting in restaurants, getting looks of pity from everyone. I’m sick of being the least important thing to you!”

“You are important to me,” Wonsik whispered.

“Hasn’t felt like it,” Sanghyuk scoffed, “hasn’t felt like it in a long time.”

“I can change,” Wonsik whimpered, tears starting to roll down his face.

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” Sanghyuk hissed, turning to leave, “I’m done, Wonsik.”

The scientist was left alone in his lab and the fly boy headed for home.

A/N: and thus Rahyuk ended, leaving room for Chasang and Wontaek to be born~! Was that happy thought too forced? I think it might have been.