Monsta Return

Overwatch

“Are we sure that they’re coming?” Jaehwan asked, looking around at everyone.

“They’re coming,” Taekwoon assured him, “Shownu said that they’d be here and I don’t doubt him.”

“They’re probably just running late,” Hongbin nodded, catching Sanghyuk’s arm when the other passed him and tugging him down so he was sitting. Instead of pacing

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded, “they’re just running a bit late.”

“They’ll be fine,” Hakyeon assured his husband, “don’t worry.”

“I know,” was the reply, “but I can’t help but worry, ya know? Some of us are dead and a lot of others aren’t coming back. That all seven of them are coming back…….”

“It’s a little hard to believe,” Wonsik nodded in agreement, “I gotta admit, I didn’t expect Shownu to be that excited at the idea of all of us coming back together. Hell, he seemed downright giddy at the very idea.”

“He would,” Hakyeon huffed out a laugh, recalling all too well how much Shownu liked a good fight just as much as he loved Overwatch.

A few minutes later, Shownu and his crew burst in acting like they weren’t at least fifteen minutes late.

“Hyukkie!” Wonho cried out the second he spotted the fly boy, running right to him and pulling him into a tight hug, “you’re here! Wonsik didn’t tell us you were already back.” The genius mechanic shot a sharp glare at the scientist.

“I couldn’t!” Wonsik defended himself, “What if someone was listening to the transmission?”

“Fine,” Wonho pouted, nuzzling his face against Sanghyuk’s shoulder.

“I’m right here, too,” Hakyeon said, moving to stand right behind Sanghyuk and setting to work prying his husband from the other man’s arms.

“Hey Hakyeon,” Wonho smirked, clearly teasing the leader, “Sanghyuk hasn’t dumped your yet I see.”

“Not yet,” Hakyeon huffed.

“Too bad,” Wonho laughed, “I was hoping he had. Then I could swoop in and steal him away. I was really looking forewords to having him all to myself.”

“God I hate you,” Hakyeon huffed, but he clearly didn’t mean it.

From the second Wonho had found out Hakyeon was jealous over how close he was to Sanghyuk, the other had used it as a way to tease the leader. He’d flirt with Sanghyuk and cuddle him whenever Hakyeon was near just to piss the other off. Back when his relationship with Sanghyuk was still young and new, it had really gotten under Hakyeon’s skin. At time went on, Hakyeon’s irritation faded and he started to play along with the teasing. Now it brought pleasant nostalgia.

“Alright, kids,” Sanghyuk sighed, pulling away from both so he could welcome the other six men properly, “enough of the pissing contest.”

“No way,” I.M laughed, “I wanna see this. It’s like the good old days.”

“Takes me right back,” Minhyuk nodded in agreement, the playful tone of the conversation quickly fading and being replaced with pure truth, “I missed stupid little things like this.”

“I know,” Hongbin nodded, “I did, too.”

“Whatever,” Sanghyuk laughed, rolling his eyes before hugging Shownu, “hey, partner. You look good for an old man.”

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” Shownu laughed, “for a grandpa.” Sanghyuk pretended to be offended, but couldn’t hold in his laugher for very long.

While everyone else laughed and reminisced about what they’d been up to over the past few years, Wonho turned to Hakyeon.

“He looks happy,” Wonho said, “I’m glad.”

“He was really worried when you guys were late,” Hakyeon replied, “he thought something had happened.”

“We wouldn’t have missed this for the world,” Wonho grinned for a moment before turning serious, “you look troubled though. Worried?”

“About a lot of things,” Hakyeon sighed. While he and Wonho might not have always gotten along in the past, they were still pretty good friends. Good enough for Hakyeon to let the other in on his fears a little bit.

“Everything is gonna work out,” Wonho told him, patting his shoulder comfortingly, “with Overwatch, with finding whoever us last time, with bringing peace back.” He paused, “with you and Hyukkie.”

“I hope so.”

A/N: so, my original idea was gonna be ‘Shownu had a crush on our dear sweet Hyukkie in the past, Hakyeon knows it, and Shownu enjoys playing on Hakyeon’s jealousy’ but that seemed…….idk. cliché? To have Sanghyuk’s partner like him like that. So after reading over Part 38 a few times it hit me: Wonho! It’s perfect!! He is the one who gave Sanghyuk his wings back after all.