Thank You for Everything

Overwatch

“Sanghyuk?” Jaehwan called, a wee bit unsure if he should be doing what he was about to do.

“Yeah?” Sanghyuk asked, moving back from the punching bag and going for his towel so he could wipe the sweat from his face, “what’s up?”

“Can I--,” Jaehwan struggled for the right words, “is it alright if-- ….if I….”

“You can tell me anything, Jaehwan,” Sanghyuk smiled kindly at the younger, “you can ask me anything, too.”

“Thank you,” Jaehwan smiled shyly, looking at the ground, “for everything.”

“I gotta admit,” Sanghyuk frowned slightly after a second or two of silence, “I don’t follow. What are you thanking me for?”

“For dedicating your life to Overwatch,” Jaehwan said, trying not to rush his words too much because he wanted Sanghyuk to understand him, “for stopping the crisis. Hongbin told me that after you guys won, everyone talked about how brave you were and how you’d done a great service to the world. But no one ever said thank you.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk blinked. It had been years ago that they’d won and he’d honestly forgotten about all that praise and how it had kind of annoyed him.

“So,” Jaehwan said, “thank you for everything.”

With that, Jaehwan left Sanghyuk standing there with a small smile on his face.

“Thank you,” Sanghyuk said as he watched Jaehwan vanish around a corner before returning to his workout.

A/N: this one is super short, but I like it a lot. Jaehwan telling Sanghyuk ‘thank you’ is something that he’s wanted to do for years and……it’s kind of nice seeing him finally do it, knowing he didn’t forget his promise of ‘thank you’ after so many years.

Also....since we're on the topic of 'thank you'........a massive thanks to all my readers!!! i'm happy you guys like this story!! also, thanks for putting up with my update schedual....or lack there of haha <3 <3 <3