Leader and Fly Boy

Overwatch

“Hi.”

Hakyeon looked up, more than a little startled by the sudden appearance of the young man in the middle of his office.

“What?” Hakyeon blinked, trying to process where the guy had come from and what was up with the blue flash he’d seen right as the man had shown up.

“I’m Sanghyuk,” the man smiled, “Han Sanghyuk.”

“You….you’re the time guy,” Hakyeon said, remembering Sanghyuk from the introduction meeting the day before, “is….is that how you just appeared? That…..that’s cool.”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk laughed. He’d been called a lot of things once people found out about his time ability, but cool generally wasn’t one of them. Sure, some thought his gifts were cool, but most thought it was weird or creepy.

“So,” Hakyeon cleared his throat, looking away in embarrassment, “was there something you needed?”

“No,” Sanghyuk smiled, “I just wanted to properly introduce myself. I’m sure a few others will be doing the same later.”

“Oh,” Hakyeon blinked, “um…..why?”

“You’re our leader,” Sanghyuk replied.

“Right,” Hakyeon sighed, none too pleased to be reminded of that fact.

“Hey,” Sanghyuk moved to pat Hakyeon’s shoulder reassuringly, “don’t worry about it. I’m sure you’ll be a great leader.”

“But,” Hakyeon tried to deny, “I’m no leader.  I have no idea what to do, how to….how to lead this group.”

“No one would,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “there’s never been a group like this before. We’ve got robots and people who can change into gorillas. There’s me and regular people. We……we’re kind of a mix of everything, so it will probably take some time to figure out how to make this work.”

“If I mess up,” Hakyeon frowned, but Sanghyuk was quick to cut him off.

“Then no one will be too upset,” Sanghyuk smiled, “I’m sure no one expects this to all run perfectly right from the start.”

“Maybe,” Hakyeon sighed.

“Well,” Sanghyuk grinned, “I’ve got to get all my things unpacked and I’m sure you have to get settled in, too. All see you later, leader Cha.”

“See you later,” Hakyeon smiled slightly, trying not to jump when Sanghyuk flashed blue and vanished.

A/N: so, Sanghyuk and Hakyeon’s first actual meeting went pretty well, huh? I really enjoyed writing this, even if it is pretty short. I think it’s pretty interesting that Sanghyuk has always been insisting that Hakyeon’s a good leader to Hakyeon ‘cuz he has never really believed it.