What is Expected

Overwatch

“Sir,” Hakyeon and Taekwoon said, saluting their commanding officer.

“At ease,” the older man waved off the greeting.

“You wanted to see us, sir?” Hakyeon questioned, glancing at the three men sitting on the other side of the room.

“No,” their commanding officer pointed towards the three men, “these men wanted to see you. They have a proposition for you and I feel that you should hear them out.”

One of the men stepped forewords and introduced himself as Junsu. He then launched into a speech about how he and his friends were creating a group that would stop the Omnic Crisis. Hakyeon silently listened, silently wondering why on earth Junsu would want him. Taekwoon listened with a straight face, but on the inside he was almost jumping with excitement. His family had been killed because of the Omnic Crisis and the idea that it could be stopped…….

“So,” Junsu smiled, “are either of you interested? We can come back in a few days if you need to think about it.”

“I’ll join your group,” Taekwoon said, “I don’t need time to think.”

“I take it that you’ve lost someone,” Junsu said, an understanding look on his face that told Taekwoon that the billionaire was in a similar boat.

“Yes.”

“And what about you, Cha?” the commanding officer asked, shifting the room’s focus to Hakyeon, “this is great opportunity for you.”

Hakyeon internally sighed. Those words had kind of sealed the deal for him. Ever since he joined the military, he’d just gone with the flow. He accepted every promotion and opportunity that came his way. He didn’t have a passion for any of it, but he didn’t have a passion for anything else. He didn’t know what else he wanted to do with his life so……so he just did as told.

If his boss felt that he should take this job, well then he figured he should. Who knew? Maybe he could find something to be passionate about though this group? Junsu said that they were collecting people from all over the world, so…….maybe.

“I’ll join as well,” Hakyeon said.

“I’m happy to hear that,” Junsu smiled, “we’ll leave our contact information with your commanding officer in case you change your minds, though. Start packing your things and we’ll let you know when we’re sending a jet to pick you up.”

“Hey,” Hakyeon questioned before the three left, “what is this group even called?”

“Overwatch,” Junsu smiled.

A/N: and Hakyeon sure did find his passion haha.