Home

Overwatch

“Hey.”

“Hi!” Wonsik cried happily before calming himself down a little, “did that…..was that too loud? Did I hurt your ears?”

“I’m alright,” Taekwoon assured him, “I kind of expected you to yell like that. I mean, I haven’t called you in two weeks.”

“You’ve been busy,” Wonsik scowled, “I understand.”

“I still feel bad,” Taekwoon grumbled, “I promised to call you at least once a week.”

“You are busy,” Wonsik said, voice sharp and leaving no room for argument, “so it’s ok.”

“Alright,” Taekwoon nodded, “how is your work going? That.....what was the invention your working on supposed to do again?”

“It’s going,” Wonsik sighed, “I wasn’t getting anywhere so I decided to take a week long break. And it’s supposed to be a holo-shield generator.”

“A week long break?” Taekwoon laughed, “That doesn’t sound like you.”

Since Overwatch, Wonsik had gotten better about focusing on things other than his work. That by no means meant he was going to show up for every event or never skip a meal. But he was in a much better place for all of that now then ten years prior. However a week long break? That was more than a little unheard of. Taekwoon could only imagine how his boyfriend was dealing with it.

“I know,” Wonsik rolled his eyes, “I’ve been struggling with it.”

“Maybe only take a day or two off,” Taekwoon suggested, “take it slow, ya know? Work your way up to a week off.”

“I know,” Wonsik nodded, “how goes the hunting?”

“I feel like I’m getting nowhere,” Taekwoon sighed, “I’m chasing a ghost, Sikkie. How do you even catch one, let alone find one?”

“You’ll pull it off,” Wonsik assured him, “you’ll find this guy before he takes any more of our family.”

“Do you think you should call around?” Taekwoon wondered, “give everyone a heads up? The governments are doing such a good job of covering this up……I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re the only ones who know what’s going on.”

“I’m thinking about it,” Wonsik admitted, “actually, I’m thinking of doing more than just giving them a heads up.”

“You want to activate the recall,” Taekwoon frowned, “that…..are you sure you want to do that?”

“I don’t know,” Wonsik sighed and Taekwoon could hear the sounds of the TV in the background, “with everything on the news…..do you think it would be the right move?”

“I’m going to catch a plane home,” Taekwoon decided, “this isn’t a conversation we should have over the phone. Maybe the travel time will give us enough time to think about what we each want to do.”

“Alright,” Wonsik said after a moment of thought, “have a safe trip home, alright?”

“Promise,” Taekwoon smiled, “are you going to be waiting for me at the front door?”

“Promise.”

The pair hung up and Wonsik went to get himself something to eat.

About half an hour later, Wonsik’s front door was blown open by the exact same ghost Taekwoon was chasing.

Wonsik shifted into his gorilla form and somehow managed to chase the blasted bad guy off with the help of his invention he’d been taking a break from.

Panting and silently praying his wounds weren’t as bad as he thought they were, Wonsik activated the recall.

A/N: Wonsik *shakes head* poor baby. But we all know he was fine in the end so it’s ok.