First Day

Overwatch

Hakyeon sat beside his long time friend Taekwoon as the pair waited for the meeting to start. As they watched others enter the room, Hakyeon started questioning his choice to join Overwatch. Sure, he’d read the files about all of these people before, but actually seeing them in person…..

Overwatch was a global defense force created to deal with the Omnic Crisis. Long story short about that; humans and robots were currently at war with each other and innocent people and bots who weren’t siding with anyone were getting caught in the crossfire. The goal of Overwatch was to stop the crisis and bring peace. And to do that? The people creating it had gathered some of the most talented and special people from all over the world.

Hakyeon……he wasn’t so sure he fit into that description.

He was just a regular human who’d joined the military when he was eighteen. It was supposed to be a short term thing, but because his commanding officers felt he had talent he’d ended up staying and rising through the ranks. Along the way he’d met Taekwoon and the pair had become fast friends despite their vastly different backgrounds and personalities.

Now Taekwoon……well, he deserved to be there. He was defiantly talented and special. He fit in with this crowd perfectly. Heck, he even had a reason to be there; his family were some of those innocents who’d gotten caught in the crossfire.

Hakyeon stood out. He knew that anyone who looked at him could tell he didn’t belong here. He didn’t even have a reason to be there like Taekwoon. He’d just taken the offer given to him because he thought it was expected of him. Just like taking all of those promotions for a job he’d never wanted to do.

“You’re fine,” Taekwoon whispered, apparently catching on to Hakyeon’s thoughts, “don’t worry.”

“Easy for you to say,” Hakyeon sighed before forcing himself to relax.

It was just starting to work when the meeting began.

Everyone was introduced and Hakyeon froze when his name came up, trying his best not to let his smile look too forced. He could feel Taekwoon rolling his eyes at his behavior. He calmed down after attention shifted to someone else, but everyone had already seen his anxiety. Looking around the room, Hakyeon caught the eye of a young man. The man flashed in a small, understanding smile, before returning his attention to what was being said.

For a moment, Hakyeon felt better. He felt relieved at the idea that there was someone else in the room like him. Someone who felt that they didn’t belong.

And then the man was introduced.

Han Sanghyuk, top military pilot with a special time distortion ability.

Hakyeon felt so very alone and out of place.

The feeling got worse as the meeting went on and it was announced that Hakyeon would be filling the role of leader.

A/N: I feel so bad for Hakyeon here. He feels so out of place and who wouldn’t? ….out of curiosity, how many of you guys have seen anything for Overwatch vs how many know nothing about is vs how many of you are totally playing it right now?