Give Me a Try

Overwatch

“You need to eat,” Taekwoon said, handing Wonsik the cafeteria tray piled with the foods he knew the scientist liked.

“I’m alright,” Wonsik argued, “I just need to finish this test.”

“You’ve been saying that for hours,” Taekwoon scowled, “and yet we’re still here.”

“Well it takes time,” Wonsik snapped, “if you have something better to do, then leave.”

“I didn’t mean that,” Taekwoon replied, just as snappy, “I just meant that you need to take time to eat.”

“And I said that I’m fine!” Wonsik yelled before realizing what he was doing, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright,” Taekwoon shrugged, “You’ve been like this for a few weeks…….ever since……Sanghyuk and Hakyeon started dating.”

“What are you talking about?” Wonsik scoffed, trying to brush the subject off, “I’m fine. I’ve been like my normal self.”

“You’ve been angry lately,” Taekwoon explained, “and you’re more buried in your work than normal.”

“I have not,” Wonsik huffed, “and I am not.”

“You have. You are.”

“Well so what if I have?” Wonsik growled, “So what if I am? It shouldn’t matter to you.”

“We’re friends,” Taekwoon told him, “that’s why it matters.”

“I just,” Wonsik struggled for words, “I don’t……..I can’t talk to you about this.”

“Why not?” Taekwoon pressed, “We’re friends.”

“I just can’t,” Wonsik whispered, looking down at his hands, “so please, let it go. Please leave me alone.”

“Alright,” Taekwoon sighed before leaving.

Maybe Wonsik was right, he wasn’t the best person to talk to about this. He didn’t look at Wonsik and think ‘friend.’ He wanted to be more than just Wonsik’s friend. So maybe that made him the wrong person to talk to about Wonsik’s feelings for someone else. But he also wanted to be there for Wonsik. He wanted to be the one Wonsik came to with his problems and idea. And then maybe, just maybe, Wonsik would be able to see Taekwoon and they could actually try for a relationship beyond friends.

He just wanted Wonsik to give him a try.

A/N: I actually started this one as something totally different, but it wasn’t working so I went with this (seriously, the original idea? I wrote and deleted it so often, it was crazy) . I’m not 100% happy with the end result, but I’m happy enough.