Wedding

Overwatch

“Mom!” Sanghyuk grinned, rushing forewords to hug his mother and take her luggage.

“There are far too many reporters around,” she huffed in reply, glaring slightly at all the reporters and photographers recording her and her child’s hug, “do they have to be here?”

“Side effect of the whole saving the world thing,” Sanghyuk shrugged, leading his mother out of the crowded airport and into the car waiting for them, “but I agree. They’re a bit of a pain in the .”

“Are they going to be there at the wedding?” she asked.

“Wonsik’s working on something to keep them away,” Sanghyuk explained, “but if that doesn’t work Taekwoon offered to scare them all off with his death glare.”

“Taekwoon,” his mother hummed, “that’s Wonsik’s new boyfriend, right?”

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk nodded happily, “they’ve been dancing around each other for a while. It’s about time they got together.”

“Not that I don’t like Hakyeon,” his mother admitted, “but I always thought that it would be you and Wonsik getting married. His mother and I were so sure of it, even after you broke up.”

Sanghyuk wasn’t exactly sure how to respond to that. Sure, he knew that his mother had held out hope for his relationship with Wonsik. Even after the first time she met Hakyeon, he knew that when she said Hakyeon was a nice boy she’d been thinking “but Wonsik is better for you.” But he also knew his mother would be nice as could be to Hakyeon and make him feel welcome in their family. She would never let him know that she would have preferred Wonsik as her son-in-law.

He really didn’t know how to feel about it, let alone what to do.

 

--

 

“You family is coming tomorrow, right?” Sanghyuk clarified, wrapping his arms around Hakyeon after the elder had gotten settled in their bed.

“Yeah,” Hakyeon nodded, “they should be arriving sometime in the afternoon. Taekwoon promised to pick them up.”

“I can’t wait to see them again,” Sanghyuk smiled. Because unlike his own mother, they had no one else they would rather see their son with.

“They can’t wait to see you,” Hakyeon smiled back just as brightly, “they’re so happy you’re becoming part of the family.”

“I’m happy, too,” Sanghyuk replied, “I love you. I can’t wait to marry you.”

“Only three more days,” Hakyeon hummed, “then you’re Cha-Han Sanghyuk and I’m Cha-Han Hakyeon.”

“Should we hyphenate?” Sanghyuk asked, recalling something his mother had said about it earlier that day.

“It was your idea,” Hakyeon shrugged, “I don’t mind either way.”

“I don’t mind either,” Sanghyuk sighed, “it’s just…..my mother didn’t seem to like it too much.”

“More like she doesn’t like me too much,” Hakyeon frowned.

“She likes you,” Sanghyuk frowned sadly, “just not as much as she likes Wonsik. But she’ll have to learn to live with it. I’m in love with you. I’m marrying you. I’m going to spend my life with you. Not Wonsik.”

“She’ll get used to it I guess,” was all Hakyeon could say, “now get some sleep. It’s another busy day tomorrow.”

 

--

 

Three days later, the wedding went off without a hitch. Sanghyuk and Hakyeon couldn’t stop smiling, beyond happy to finally be married. Wonsik watched from the sidelines, happy for his friends. A very small part of him – a part that didn’t like letting go of the past – wished that he was the one beside Sanghyuk, but that part was easily silenced by Taekwoon taking his hand and leading him to the dance floor.

Sanghyuk’s mother also watched the happy couple. She could see in how Hakyeon held her son that he loved him with every fiber of his being. She could see it in the way Hakyeon looked at her son that nothing was more important to him then Sanghyuk. And she could see the exact same things in her son when he looked or touched Hakyeon. A part of her would probably always wish that her son had married her best friend’s son, but so long as Sanghyuk was happy and in love with Hakyeon…….so long as Hakyeon treated her baby boy like he deserved……she couldn’t have wished for anyone better.

A/N: I’ve got a little bit of mixed feelings for this one, but over all I like how it turned out. Sorry about updates being a bit more….spaced out recently. It’s just easier for me to post ever couple of days ‘cuz, ya know, life.