Back to Work

Overwatch

“I’ve defiantly put on a few pounds,” Sanghyuk scowled slightly as he tried to fix his old armor so it fit comfortably, “nothing from my old uniform fits.”

“You’ve been living the life of a normal person,” Hakyeon shrugged, pulling on his beat-up jacket and popping the collar, “and you haven’t been working out like you used to. It’s only natural.”

“Are you saying I’ve gotten fat?” Sanghyuk teased, glancing over at his husband.

“Nope,” Hakyeon teased, “just softer.”

The pair shared a laugh and Sanghyuk couldn’t help but think about how good it felt to laugh with Hakyeon again. Ever since Wonsik’s call, they’d been doing more and more of that. Just like in the old days before everything went to hell.

“I think need a new uniform,” Sanghyuk sighed, removing his armor before shrugging off his shirt, “and I’ll have to ask Wonsik if he can modify my armor to fit better.”

“He could just make you some new armor,” Hakyeon replied.

“But that’s a lot of work,” Sanghyuk argued, “and it will be a waste of resources since I’m going to be dropping all this weight.”

“You don’t need to drop anything,” Hakyeon frowned, making his way over to Sanghyuk so he could hug his husband, “you’re fine as you are.”

“But I need to be in shape for what we’re going to be doing.”

“You’re already in fine shape.”

“Not like I should be.”

“You’re exactly as you should be.”

“I think that--.”

“If you two don’t mind the interruption,” the couple turned to find Hongbin smiling brightly at them from the door of the changing room, “I’d like to say hello.”

“Hongbin!” Sanghyuk cried, pulling away from Hakyeon so he could hug his friend, “I’ve missed you so much. Wonsik said you weren’t going to arrive for another couple of days.”

“Plans change,” Hongbin shrugged before gesturing to the young man standing beside him, “for example.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk blinked, taking in the man’s stunned expression, “um, hello. I’m--.”

“You’re Sanghyuk!” the man suddenly cried, eyes wide with excitement, “codename Flashback. I know all about you! You’re my favorite Overwatch member! You’re--.” Hongbin cut the man off by covering his mouth.

“This is my cousin, Jaehwan,” Hongbin sighed, “Wonsik said that not everyone was coming back and, well, I hope you don’t mind that I brought him along with me, Hakyeon.”

“It’s alright,” Hakyeon shrugged, carefully eying the way Jaehwan was looking at his husband, “I’m not leader anymore so……not my call.”

It was very clear to him that Sanghyuk wasn’t just Jaehwan’s favorite Overwatch member. That was fine, though. Back in the days before Overwatch was being framed as the bad guys, there had been lots of people with crushes on Sanghyuk. Even after their very public wedding it wasn’t unheard of for Sanghyuk to receive confession letters in the mail. Some people even sent Sanghyuk nudes and whatnot. Hakyeon got crap like that sent to him too, but not in the same numbers as Sanghyuk.

Hongbin got more than almost anyone else in Overwatch though.

“You’re still our leader,” Sanghyuk frowned, “ask anyone, they’ll agree with me.”

“Well, not our traitors,” Hongbin hissed, “or the people they were working with.”

“Not the point,” Sanghyuk sighed, “anyway, let me and Hakyeon get dressed and we can all eat together. Catch up on what we’ve all missed, ya know?”

“I’ll meet you in the kitchen,” Hongbin nodded, dragging Jaehwan away who was quick to complain about being taken away before he could finish fawning over Sanghyuk.

A/N: the original plan for this didn’t have Hongbin showing up, it was just gonna be Jaehwan showing up alone and going all fanboy over Sanghyuk with Hakyeon in the back being all grumpy. But……I think I like this version better.