It's Time

Life or Death

Xiumin was working on his song when Lay went behind the counter and poked his forehead, repeatedly.

     "You're real annoying, Yix." Xiumin hit Lay's hand with a pencil.

     "You've been working so hard on your songs that you never got around to my iced coffee." Lay pouted.

     "Alright, if that'll get you off my back." Xiumin chuckled.

     "Never." Lay smiled.

Xiumin poured a cup of coffee and put his hand over the glass. The coffee began to cool and the glass began to frost. Lay watched in wonder, still amazed that his boyfriend could that. Suddenly the coffee froze completely, the glass shattered and Xiumin fell to the floor.

     "Minseok?!" Lay immediately went over to Xiumin.

Xiumin didn't move but Lay could see his breathe. The windows were starting to freeze and the area where Xiumin was laying at, was frosting over. Lay picked Xiumin up and realized he was as cold as the freezer in the back. Quickly he ran upstairs where their apartment was at and put Xiumin on the couch. He rummaged through the drawers and found a heated blanket. The blanket was placed over Xiumin and Lay turned up the setting, hoping it would warm him up.

     "Please wake up Xiumin. I can't lose you, not yet." Lay pleaded.

He placed a kiss on Xiumin's freezing cold lips and heard the bell on the door jingle, meaning someone entered the cafe. Reluctantly he headed back down stairs to find Chanyeol and Baekhyun looking around.

     "Hey guys, what brings you here?" Lay noticed he could still see his breathe.

     "What happened here?" Baekhyun looked surprised.

     "It's freaking freezing in here!!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he rubbed his hands together for warmth.

     "Oh... Um... The AC broke and turned the cafe into a winter wonderland. Heheh." Lay chuckled nervously.

     "Wow, that ." Chanyeol whined.

     "Where's Minseok?" Baekhyun looked around again.

     "Oh..Um..." Lay panicked.

     "I'm right here."

They all turned their heads to see Xiumin standing at the bottom of the stair with a blanket around him.

     "I was actually on my way to the door to close up since the AC is out of whack and I've come down with a cold." Xiumin lied, pretending to cough.

     "Does that mean I can't get my Fire Hot Latte?" Chanyeol asked, pouting in the process.

     "Sorry Yeollie." Xiumin gave sad expression.

     "Well I hope you feel better, Minseok, and get that AC fixed too. We'll see you some other time." Baekhyun dragged a sad Chanyeol out of the cafe.

They sighed in relief once those two were gone. Lay hugged Xiumin tightly and almost cried, he almost lost him.

     "It's getting worse, Yixing. I don't know how long this will go on but I'm afraid I don't have long." Xiumin's eyes began to water.

     "Don't say that sweetheart. You're going to be fine, they promised us." Lay caressed Xiumin's hair.

     "Yixing, I think it's time." A tear drop rolled down Xiumin's face only to be frozen.

     "No." Lay hugged Xiumin even tighter.

     "We have to close down the cafe and move to Shanghai." Xiumin pulled away from Lay.

     "But Minseok, if we move away you won't ever be a singer and we could never have the cafe back. What about our friends too?" Lay tried reasoning with Xiumin.

Xiumin shook his head, he had made his decision,

      "It's not like we're leaving for another country. We'll only be two hours away and not have a cafe." He smiled sadly.

      "Minnie..." Lay didn't have any other choice if he wanted to keep Xiumin alive, "Alright, I'll support you through anything as long as you stay by my side." Lay pressed his warm lips on Xiumin's still cold head.

      "Always." Xiumin held Lay's warm hand and felt better instantly.

A few weeks later, a fuming deer came into the cafe while they were packing up.

      "Why is there a for sale sign on the cafe!?" Luhan exclaimed.

      "We're selling the cafe, Lu." Xiumin answered calmly as he put a coffee machine into a box.

      "Yixing!" "I can't talk him out of it! Leave me out of this!" Lay exclaimed, running upstairs.

Luhan blew his blonde bangs out of his face and pouted. He walked towards the counter and leaned against it.

      "So where are you guys going?" Luhan sighed in defeat.

      "Shanghai." Xiumin beamed, making Luhan's mouth drop and his eyes were wide.

      "YIXING!!" Luhan yelled.

      "LEAVE ME OUT OF IT!" Was the response.

      "It won't be so bad." Xiumin pinched Luhan's cheek.

Luhan batted Xiumin's hand away, causing the latter to laugh.

       "This isn't funny Minseok. Where am going to get my strawberry milk?" Luhan whined.

       "A grocery store." Xiumin rolled his eyes.

       "But grocery stores don't put bendy straws in my drink."

Xiumin put a packet of bendy straws in the counter in front of Luhan and went back to packing.

       "You're serious?" Luhan rose an eyebrow, causing another pack of bendy straws to hit him the face, "Minnie!"

       "You can't change my mind about this. We found a nice apartment, and Yixing found a job working at another cafe." Xiumin didn't look fazed by the move at all which surprised Luhan.

       "What about you?" Luhan looked defeated.

       "I don't feel like working, I guess I would be retiring." Xiumin chuckled.

       "But you're not old!" Luhan exclaimed.

Xiumin put the box down and stared at Luhan.

      "Please continue to be happy after I'm gone." Xiumin placed a kiss on Luhan's forehead.

Xiumin felt cold but Luhan wasn't focused on that, nor did it bother him that he got kissed. Xiumin does that a lot.

      "I'll try but it will be hard not having my best friend near me all the time." Luhan forced a smile.

      "Atta boy," Xiumin ruffled Luhan's hair and laughed, "Now get out of here before I put you in the trash."

     "Alright alright." Luhan chuckled, backing away from the counter.

Xiumin headed upstairs to finish packing his clothes, leaving Luhan alone in the cafe. Luhan looked around as he walked towards the door, remembering all of the birthday's they've had there, all of the engagements, everything, good and bad. As he opened the door he looked back at the empty space, smiling sadly.

     "Goodbye old friend, thank you for all the memories." He wiped a tear away as he walked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA I'm sorry if this chapter and the ones following are weird with the format as there's been an issue with my iPad that I use to upload, lame I know. Please forgive me ^^;;