Conflicting Emotions

Life or Death

On the other side of the door, they struggled to get it open.

    “This was his plan all along!” Sehun exclaimed.

    “I never thought I would be locked in a storage room.” Kai sat down against a wall.

    “He’s doing this to protect us.” Lay defended his friend’s actions.

    “I’m not going to let him do this on his own.” D.O growled.

D.O extended his hands out and the others noticed the dust in the room started to accumulate in front of him. His eyes began to glow a light hue of brown before the door was bombarded with rock after rock as the others scattered for cover. Down the hall, Luhan heard the thudding against the door and froze.

    “Kyungsoo, not yet.” He whispered to himself.

Luhan knew he didn’t have much time left to find Yeon Ni while D.O was trying to destroy the door. He quickly scanned the hall, eyes teal, until he found her then proceed to enter the room.

    “What?”

He was led outside of the warehouse, but why was she out there?

    “So you’re awake?”

The door flew off its hinges and landed in the middle of the hall. D.O’s eyes returned to their normal color and collapsed into Kai’s arms.

    “You did good babe.” Kai kissed D.O’s head.

    “Remind me never to get Kyungsoo angry again.” Sehun gulped.

    “Come on we have to get to Luhan!” Kris exclaimed.

    “You guys go on ahead, I’m gonna wait for Kyungsoo to wake up.” Kai commanded.

They all ran out except Kris, who stood there like a fool.

    “Yifan go!” Kai exclaimed.

    “Tell Kyungsoo thank you when he wakes up.” Kris smiled before he ran off.

    “Wow, he does have a heart.” Kai chuckled.

Sehun stood his ground as he extended his hand out towards the end of the hall. Wind circulated him for a moment before disappearing under every door and blowing them open.

    “Now to find which one Luhan is in.” Chanyeol stepped forward.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened suddenly and pulled Chanyeol back as an ice shard shot out of a door next to his fiance.

    “That one.” They all said in unison

Upon stepping in they saw Luhan barely dodged an ice shard.

    “Luhan!”

He turned his head to see them coming towards him to which he threw his hand back to keep them away.

    “I told you guys this is my fight.” Luhan growled.

    “We’re not letting you do this alone.” Baekhyun insisted.

By being distracted he was unable to dodge another ice attack and this time it grabbed ahold of his foot and waved around him in the air. Chanyeol stepped forward and shot a fireball at the ice gripped around Luhan’s foot, melting its grip.

    “Park Chanyeol, I forgot about you.” Yeon Ni hissed.

They completely forgot about Luhan who was falling.

    “Yeah I’m still here. Always have been.” Chanyeol smirked.

Splat. Ow.

    “Why are you doing this?” Lay pleaded.

    “Why? I’ve spent my whole life dreaming of making the world a better place so that’s why I went through years of college. I researched day and night for a cure for the world's disease or at least find a way to protect ourselves and I did it but when that research ended up giving my test mice abilities and death… They shut it all down. Hyuk Eun and I were out of a job for no reason. I felt like that would've been a good way to evolve as we won't be defenseless and we wouldn't get sick but they didn’t think so. Now that’s why with my knowledge I’ve made an army of freaks!”

Luhan flinched at the word once he got up from the floor with Kris’s help.

    “Why Luhan though?” Baekhyun questioned.

    “Why? He’s the one I based this all one. What you got in you was made all out of chemicals and it shouldn't have messed with your system but without Luhan’s DNA, I wasn’t able to figure out how to keep it from being deadly but now I’ve got it and you can’t stop me!” Yeon Ni cackled.

    “So revenge?” Chanyeol wanted to clarify that.

    “Just because of that you're first to die Chanyeol!” Yeon Ni threw an electric bolt right at the phoenix.

Chanyeol had a late reaction and tripped backward as he saw the bolt heading right towards him. Baekhyun jumped in front of Chanyeol and took the hit for him.

    “Wow, you guys surely love losing your loved ones.” She laughed.

Baekhyun stumbled back into Chanyeol’s arms, unconscious.

    “Baek no ononno no.” Chanyeol smacked his fiance’s face lightly.

    “He’s fine, he’s fine.” Lay had his hand over Baekhyun’s chest.

Chanyeol’s hands started to shake, how dare she touch him? Lay knew Baekhyun was going to be all right as he protecting the latter with an invisible healing shield when he knew he would risk his life for Chanyeol. Once he looked up at Chanyeol, he noticed he was gone. Physically no, mentally yes. Chanyeol’s hands were fists, shaking uncontrollably, and his eyes were a dangerous shade of orange.

    “You .” Chanyeol growled.

    “Chanyeol this is what she wants! Don’t give in!!” D.O pleaded.

    “An unconscious use of powers is dangerous and deadly!” Luhan warned

    “Are you angry, Park?” She teased, that was the last straw.

Chanyeol shot up in the air towards her, fury in those orange eyes of his.

    “Chanyeol no!” They screamed.