Goodbye Lay

Life or Death

Lay could barely look at Tao as it crushed his heart. Tao was weak, pale, and the wounds wouldn’t heal and it angered him that he couldn’t help his friend.

    “What do you think Jongdae is doing right now?” Tao coughed.

    “He’s probably conversing with Minseok about how stupid we are.” Lay chuckled, wrapping his arms around his knees.

    “Do you think they're happy up there?”

Suddenly there was a tug on his heart, making him look in his dying friend’s direction. Tao looked ready.... ready to move on.

    “Zitao, I think they’re very happy up there but Jongdae probably isn’t happy with the situation at the moment. He would want you to carry on your life and not worry about his life being taken too soon so don’t get any ing ideas!” Lay’s speech was fast.

Tao laughed confusing the unicorn as he placed a hand on his head.

    “Our Yixing is very determined, what would we do without him.” Tao forced a smile.

    “I’m being serious! I know we can make it out of here alive and together!” Lay’s eyes were shining bright with hope.

    “How?” Blunt.

Lay’s eyes dulled as he remembered their current state, hands locked up and dying. Tao sighed, leaning against the wall.

    “I’m also being serious too, Yixing. My body can’t anymore of this abuse and you’re restricted from healing… I’ve got to go now. I want to see Jongdae and tell Minseok he was wrong.” A single tear ran down Tao’s face.

Lay shook his head repeatedly and growled.

    “That’s just what they want! If you die now, they’ll just strip you of your power and use it against the others and probably the world!” He was desperate to keep the panda alive.

    “Well, I won’t let them….” Tao paused before smiling at Lay, “Tell Yifan and the other that I’ll miss them and that I’m sorry. Goodbye Yixing, I’ll miss you.”

Tao hugged Lay tightly as the latter began to cry.

    “No Zitao, please no!” Lay wailed as he hugged Tao tighter.

Suddenly there was a puff of dust and Lay’s arms went empty. Lay’s eyes were wide in horror seeing his friend’s ashes everywhere like that.

    “This is what you were talking about, weren’t you? You internally aged yourself to deteriorate like that so they wouldn’t get you. You’re a , Zitao,” Lay looked up towards the ceiling, “A HUGE !”

He chuckled and wiped his eyes before smiling.

    “What a smart jerk.”

He picked up a tiny pebble near his foot and threw it across the room. It isn’t fair that people have to die for someone else’s personal gain. First Minseok, then Jongdae and now Zitao, it’s NOT FAIR AT ALL. Lay held his head and cried, fear visible in his eyes, he doesn’t want any more of his friends to die…