Finding Tao

Life or Death

    "Zitao's missing."

    "Missing? What do you mean missing?!" Luhan exclaimed, standing up from his position on the couch.

    "I just got a call from Yixing, who was informed by authorities that he went missing." And by authorities he meant PURE.

    "This is terrible! We have to find him!" Luhan insisted.

Kris grabbed his jacket and put on a pair of shoes while Luhan watched him.

    "Where are you going?!"

    "I'm going to see Yixing because he must have more information on Zitao." Kris was blunt about it.

    "You're not going alone!" Luhan stomped his foot.

    "Who said I was? Now hurry up." Kris grabbed his car keys making Luhan scramble to get ready.

Kris knew who all was in the organization and needless to say he they were all his friends. The only one who wasn't in it was was Luhan and he would like to keep it that way. He called everyone to meet at Lay's place when he got into the car, Luhan siting next to him. The entire way there Luhan kept yelling Tao's name out of the window and Kris couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

    "If I went missing would you be yelling my name like that?" Kris tried not to sound jealous.

Luhan sat down in his seat and put the window up all while starting at his whiny boyfriend. Kris could feel Luhan's eyes on him which made him blushed.

    "Is someone jealous?" Luhan sang.

    "Me?! You must have me mistaken with someone else, my deer." Kris scoffed, gripping the wheel tight.

    "Look I'm not into Zitao and you know that. You're just a bit possessive." Luhan's words hit Kris in the head.

    "Me?! Possessive?!" Kris started to laughing hysterically.

That's how Luhan knows he's right as the laughing died down quick and Kris had an unreadable expression.

    "Point proven." Kris whispered making Luhan smile victoriously.

Lay paced back and forth in his living room, trying to piece things together.

    "So if the van was suppose to get Kris, but ended up shooting me and Zitao suddenly goes missing, does that mean it was after Zitao all along or was he taken by a different organization? Was Kris the actual target or was it Zitao?" Lay groaned.

At that moment Kai and D.O teleported into the living room, catching Lay off guard.

    "You're so lucky Luhan wasn't here because he would've been severely confused!" Lay scolded.

    "That's what I've been trying to tell him but Jongin never listens." D.O glared at his fiancé.

Kai shrugged and sat down on the couch, making himself feel at home. There was a knock at the door which Lay had to get since Kai was comfy on his couch. Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked in once Lay answered, greeting him of course.

    "Any word from Yifan?" Baekhyun looked concerned.

    "Nothing yet from him yet. Suho and Sehun haven't showed up yet either." Lay answered, pacing again.

    "Why did Zitao go missing?!" Luhan barged in.

    "Sorry we're late!" Kris exclaimed, rushing in after Luhan, shutting the door behind him.

    "Suho and Sehun aren't here yet so you're not late." Chanyeol said.

Kris sighed and while putting his keys into his pocket.

    "Please tell me they're not missing too." Kris groaned.

The door suddenly burst open with a heavy gust of wind as Sehun stepped in, freezing upon seeing Luhan.

    "Man the wind is crazy out there, blowing doors in and ." Sehun lied, chuckling nervously.

Everyone besides Luhan stared at Sehun as if he ruined everything.

    "Wow the wind must be pretty bad. Hopefully it doesn't get us on the way out, Ge Ge." Luhan turned to Kris, still innocent.

    "I'm pretty sure it won't but we'll be careful, just in case." Kris was thankful Luhan was gullible.

They all sighed in relief, then Suho walked in.

    "Sorry I had to park the car, now someone tell me where Zitao is." Suho demanded.

    "We don't know yet." Kris discretly pointed at Luhan without his knowledge.

Suho nodded his head and cleared his throat.

    "Kyungsoo, do you want to visit Minseok with Luhan. He'd enjoy the company." Lay suggested.

D.O narrowed his eyes a bit knowing he won't be able to get the full details about Tao's whereabouts but they had to discuss it without Luhan.

    "Sounds like a great idea!" Luhan exclaimed dragging D.O out of the house.

Lay shut the curtains, Baekhyun turned out the lights and Chanyeol lit a candle from the other side of the room.

    "Yixing what did they tell you?" Suho sat down next to Kai.

    "They informed me that Zitao hasn't reported to PURE in a couple of days. They're speculating that the government has gotten him as they've found out about us." Lay explained.

    "Does that mean they're coming for all of us?" Jongin rose an eyebrow.

    "It's highly possibly since Yixing got shot by them at Jongdae's funeral." Chanyeol answered.

    "Zitao is at his breaking point as I can tell his body is ready to give up the last time I saw him. He doesn't have very long." Lay stared at Kris.

    "What do you suggest we do?" Kris was solemn.

"We have to find him before it's too late." Sehun growled.

    "Great idea, but how will we do that with Luhan? Who, let me remind you, doesn't know anything about our abilities or our situation. All he knows is Zitao is missing and we have to find him." Lay spat.

Everyone looked conflicted on how to handle the situation delicately.

    "He's gonna find out sooner or later, why wait?" Kai suggested.

    "That's not what Minseok wanted though." Lay interrupted.

    "No offense Yixing, but he's gone. The only one who's actually involved with the deer is Yifan. He should make the decision." Baekhyun added, making his statement clear.

Lay grew stiff but he knew that was the right decision. Xiumin was definitely gone but Kris made a promise to him, and Kris wasn't one to break promises.

    "What's it going to be Yifan?" Lay's voice was laced with venom.

Kris stared at them, thinking for an answer. Luhan would be out of harms way if he wasn't involved but he would be in a boat load of trouble for keeping secrets. He also made a promise to their dying friend.

    "Chanyeol, Sehun and I will search the skies during the night. Baekhyun, Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo will search the ground, Yixing... You'll be in charge of Luhan." Kris ordered.

Lay smiled, grateful that Kris kept his promise to his deceased boyfriend.

    "This isn't going to be easy you know. We have to find Tao before it's too late...." Suho gulped.