Lose-Lose Situation

Life or Death

5:10 p.m.

Kris was finally able to walk on his own as he followed the mysterious lady down a hall. He imagines that they're were in a castle but he's not quite sure where he was at in the first place. They stopped in front of a door labeled infirmary, when she looked at him.

    "Mentally prepare yourself."

Kris rose an eyebrow as they entered, to find Chen laying in a hospital bed with Tao sitting in a chair next to him.

    "Jongdae..." Kris whispered to himself.

He thought Tao came alone but Chen was there too.

    "What is going on, Tao?!" Kris exclaimed.

    "Kris! I can explain!" Tao stood up from his spot.

    "I'll leave you three alone." The blonde said, shutting the door behind her.

Kris walked forward and pinned Tao to the wall, knocking the chair over in the process.

    "What have you gotten me into, Zitao?" Kris growled.

    "Yifan, please let me explain." Tao pleaded.

    "You have 5 minutes to explain why I had an IV in my arm and why I'm here before I punch you in the face." Kris let Tao go,clearly not amused.

    "Ok," Tao cleared his throat, "You know that accident that happened our junior year of college?"

    "What about it?" Kris crossed his arms.

    "She probably explained what it did to your body, so I'll cut it short. They've injected your body with a chemical substance-"

    "They did what?!" Kris exclaimed.

    "Shut up! You're gonna wake up Jongdae." Tao hissed.

Kris just noticed Jongdae was in fact asleep, he was also pale and frail, like Xiumin was.

    "So what is it going to do to me?" Kris sighed.

    "It could go both ways, and still end in consequences."

Kris rose a brow in disbelief but let Tao continue, as his mind began to spin.

    "The first way is the chemical reacts with your body well but if you overuse it, you start to die and the second way is the chemical doesn't react well and kills you over a short period of time." 

    "Wow that's a lose lose situation that I NEVER AGREED TO!" Kris exploded.

    "I never agreed to it either, Yifan. They chose us because of that accident, we didn't volunteer for it. This is why Minseok died..." Tao's voice lowered.

    "Minseok died because of this? My boyfriend's best friend, died because of this experiment, because of that accident!" Kris exclaimed.

Tao covered Kris' mouth and looked around, as to make sure no one was listening.

    "As far as they know, you're single and don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend. It'd be best they don't know that because Luhan could end up like Jongdae and you don't want to break Minseok's promise to him." Tao whispered.

Kris gulped and remembered his promise to Xiumin.

    "You're right. I promised to protect Luhan and I will. So what are the powers we got?"

    "I don't know because we each found out on our own. I accidentally froze time and Jongdae shocked me with lightning. You'll find it eventually." Tao shrugged.