Sudden Departure

Life or Death

    "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Tao spoke to Chen softly.

    "I'll be fine. Besides I'm feeling a lot better and I can actually walk. Go visit Yifan and Luhan, tell me how they're doing." Chen smiled warmly.

Tao kissed Chen's head and was relieved when he didn't get shocked. He then hugged Chen tightly, making Chen blush a deep red.

    "I have something to ask you when I get back. I'm so glad you're in control of your lightning again." Tao beamed.

    "Me too, Zitao." Chen giggled.

Tao walked exited the room and Chen sighed in happiness. Yeon Ni walked in a few minutes later while Chen was playing a game on his phone.

    "Hello Jongdae, where is Zitao?" She asked putting a tray down next to Chen's bed.

    "He went out to visit Yifan, I hope that is alright." Chen replied.

    "Yes it's definitely fine."

    "So I have a question," Chen sat up in his bed and put his hands together, "When are we going to help the world?" Chen beamed.

Yeon Ni looked taken aback, and chuckled.

    "Who told you that?"

    "Minseok."

The smiled never faded from his face making Yeon Ni smile.

    "Soon, Jongdae but at the moment I need to draw blood to make sure everything is well with you."

Chen nodded his head and ignored the needle going into his arm.

    "Have you taken your pills yet? You're hair seems to be staticky again."

    "Oh no, I haven't yet. Can you hand them to me?" Chen asked politely.

Yeon Ni handed him a pill bottle next to his bed. He took two pills out and grabbed his water which was next to his pillow, taking his pills, making Yeon Ni's lips twitch into a smirk.

    "Tao is almost done with his training and he will prepare to go into the field soon."

Chen coughed as he almost choked on his water.

    "Once you get better you'll start your training." Yeon Ni put the pills away, switched his empty IV bag.

    "I hope so." Chen coughed electricity, "Say, you never do these type of things. It's usually a nurse who draws my blood."

    "Well what kind of person would I be if I didn't help around here?" Yeon Ni added.

    "Not a good one." Chen chimed.

Chen seemed to grow weaker as he felt his heart beating faster than usual after the IV was replaced.

    "Can you see if you can catch Zitao and get him to come back?" Chen knew something was wrong with him.

    "He's probably long gone but I'll see what I can do. I will be right back." Yeon Ni replied, taking the tray and leaving.

The world was starting to become dizzy for Chen and he felt like his breathe was being robbed from him when his chest started to hurt.

    "Tao!" Chen exclaimed, getting out of bed.

He ended up collapsing on the floor, unable to get up. The last thing he saw was a sly smile, everything was blurry but he knew who it was.

    "Zita...o... he....lp...." His heart stopped beating.

Three hours later, Tao got a call confirming Chen's death with a fabricated story. Suicide was how they were going to explain it if Tao began to ask questions. The drawn blood went to the lab to be extracted and analyzed to treat it so there were no bad effects. Chen was just another pawn in the game.