Hello Old Friend

Life or Death

Ahh I'm sorry for not updating as often, school got in the way but I promise I'll be updating more often. Thank you for being patient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan was sitting on the couch staring at the door the entire day waiting for Kris to come home. He was starting nod off when he heard the door unlock, Kris walked in looking worse than Luhan. Again Luhan noticed that Kris' shirt was torn and dirty, what is he actually doing?

    "Fan fan." Luhan called.

Kris jumped hearing Luhan's voice and sighed in relief.

    "Luhan." Kris was happy to see him.

    "Please tell me where you're going." Luhan's voice laced with concern.

Kris kneeled in front of Luhan and smiled sadly.

    "I can't tell you if I want to keep you safe." Kris kissed Luhan's small hand.

    "Keep me safe?" Luhan was even more concerned.

    "How about we visit Xiumin tomorrow? Would you like that?" The subject was changed like nothing.

Luhan's heart skipped a beat, that meant Kris was gonna spend the entire day with him. He nodded his head and hugged Kris tightly.

    "I wish I could do more for you." Kris thought.

The following day, Luhan got up extra early to look presentable, only to be stop by Kris and his bed head.

    "Why you getting all dressed up? Are you going to try to impress Yixing or something?" Kris teased but his eyes lied as they were filled with jealousy.

    "N-no, that's not it at all.' Luhan shook his head franticly, 'It's just... You never spend time with me anymore and I was hoping you would go out with me more often if I looked nice." He blushed.

    "Oh Lu lu. I'm sorry." Kris walked toward the latter and fell on him.

    "Kris! You're really heavy and have morning breath." Luhan gagged.

    "I see how it is." Kris huffed and walked into the bathroom.

Luhan smiled and he felt butterflies in his stomach because that was the Kris he remembered, bubbly and lazy, as Kris yelled where his hair gel was. They spent hours driving from Beijing to Shanghai where Xiumin was buried, and where Yixing lived. Luhan kept putting his feet up on the dash that Kris kept having to push his feet down while keeping his eyes glued to the road. They got off the main highway on an off ramp and drove not too far to be met with the outskirts of Shanghai. Kris called Yixing and put in his ear piece so he wouldn't get pulled over for talking in his phone.

    "Yixing! Hey are you home?"

Luhan tuned out the conversation and saw a piece of paper with weird writing on the floor of the car. He pretended not to notice it for fear Kris would cover it up, he'll look at it later. They drove up to a little house near a cemetery and parked in the driveway. Lay walked out of the house with Beats headphones around his neck, a black beanie, wearing a white shirt covered by a black jacket, and Xiumin's snowflake necklace.

    "Unicorn." Kris walked towards Lay with his hands in his pockets.

    "Dragon and Deer." Lay nodded.

Luhan noticed Lay was being distant, like the day of the funeral. He never said a word to anyone and just kept a blank expression as they lowered Xiumin into the Earth. He was also the last one to leave, pushing off anyone who put their hands on him. They crossed the road to the cemetery while none of them spoke a word on the way there. Lay was leading the way as Kris and Luhan were worried for his well being. Once Lay stopped in front of a grave they didn't know what to do, as they stood there for, what feels like, forever. Not a word was spoken, the cold wind blowing through their hair as clouds covered the sun.

    "Eh.... I brought Baozi some flowers." Luhan spoke up first.

Lay only responded with a head nod, saddening Luhan. He put the flowers down on the ground gently and kneeled in front of the grave.

    "How long has it been without him?" Kris stared at the grave, his eyes glazing over.

    "2 years and 6 months." Lay muttered.

Luhan stared at the name of the grave,

        "In loving memory of Kim Minseok."

He began to laugh, causing Lay to look really hurt and offended.

    "It's funny... Minseok wanted to be a singer. He wanted to preform on a big stage with adoring fans and Yixing by his side. He was going to college for that to get a degree in music or something..." Luhan's smile began to fade as he continued to stare at the grave, "He had an audition set up with a record company. He had composed his own songs, working on them night and day. Right Yixing?"


Lay nodded, then glanced at Kris hoping he knew what was going on with Luhan, making Kris shrug in confusion.

    "He would always call me up while he was at the cafe and be like, "Hey Luhan what do you think of this verse," or, "What should I title this song?" Luhan began to shake, "But then he fell ill with who knows what and his dreams fell apart. He had to close down the cafe and move to Shanghai, where he lived in the hospital for a whole year. And I never got to see him much and the only time I was able to... HE DIES!!" Luhan yelled.

Lay and Kris were shocked at the sudden change and didn't really know what to do.

.
    "My best friend in the whole world dies, and he felt so cold. Why was he so damn cold?!" Luhan began to sob, "It's as if he was already gone but was still somehow alive. Why?! Why did he have to go?!"


    "Luhan, things happen for a reason." Lay spoke softly, thinking about Xiumin.

    "Is that why you've decided to shut everyone out?" Luhan growled.

    "Luhan, don-" Kris didn't want them to start fighting at Xiumin's grave.

    "You have no right to say that to me, deer." Lay retaliated.

    "Guys-"

    "I feel like you don't even miss Minseok! You just stare off into distance and look dumb!" Luhan stood up to face Lay.