Tao's Dilemma

Life or Death

11:45 p.m.

Kris spent 7 hours where he was because the mysterious women and her people wanted to make sure his vitals were stable and other things but he didn't really pay attention to that.

    "So why are we doing this?" He rolled his eyes, bored of this situation already.

    "We are making sure you don't die, or randomly combust." 

    "Has that really happen?" Kris was skeptical.

    "No, I'm messing with you." She sneered.

It's not like he believed that anyway.

    "So I forgot to ask, what is your name? And why am I here?" Kris was growing curious.

    "I'm Choi Yeon Ni, and you're here to be part of my little organization."

    "What organization?" Kris was intrigued but also really wants to get home to Luhan.

    "That's a story for another day. You are to come here everyday at 3, no later, no sooner." Yeon Ni ordered.

    "Wh-"

    "Tao will be taking you home now." She snapped her fingers and her two bodyguards grabbed Kris and dragged him out.

    "Where is here?!" Kris was severely confused and don't like this at all.

    "Hong Kong." Was the response.

12:02 a.m.

Kris was in the passenger side of Tao's car on the way back to Beijing, hating his life at the moment.

    "Why did we have to take that science class?" Kris muttered.

    "Gee I think it went like, "Hey Tao, want to join this science class with me and a couple other of our friends," and I said, "No," but you dragged me into it anyway." Tao recalled, changing the radio station.

    "All right, I see your point." Kris stared out the window, leaving it at that.

01:14 a.m.

The car ride has been deadly quiet between the two friends. You'd think they would spend the entire time talking about what they've been up to but no, Kris is staring out a window and Tao is driving.

    "So.... What's wrong with Jongdae?" Kris finally spoke up.

Tao's grip on the wheel tightened and he looked lost in thought, that's when they began to swerve. Kris' eyes were wide as he saw the headlights of the cars from oncoming traffic heading towards them.

    "I'm sorry for asking! Holy !" Kris screamed, bracing for impact.

Tao snapped out of his thoughts and quickly pulled back into their lane, avoiding a head on collision.

    "Oop-"

    "What the is wrong with you, Zitao!" Kris screamed at the top of his lungs in anger.

    "I'm sorry." Tao's voice was low, and his eyes were dull

    "Dude, is there something in your mind?" Kris's demeanor changed upon seeing Tao look so crushed.

Tao stared ahead at the road, not even listening to Kris.

    "Tao?"

    "Huh?" Tao seemed to be zoning out a lot.

    "Tell me what's wrong. I don't like seeing you like this and I'd rather you not ram us into oncoming traffic." Kris demanded.

Tao forced a smile at that last sentance, but that smile faltered.

    "I'm sorry, it's just..." Tao trailed off.

    "Just what?" Kris stared at Tao's lost expression.

No response.

    "Zitao!" Kris yelled.

The car swerved a bit after Tao snapped out of his thoughts again.

    "Sorry... I'm sorry, Yifan...." Tao sighed.

    "No worries, I'm just cncerned aboout you. If you don't want to tell me, don't. I understand." Kris stared at Tao for a few minutes before staring outside again. A few minutes later, Tao spoke up while Kris was starting to doze off.

    "Kris?" 

    "Huh? What?" Kris sat up, still a bit drowsy.

    "Do you ever feel like everything is out of your control and you can't do anything for the people you love?" Tao's voice was cracking slightly.

    "Tao.." Kris's eyes softened, looking at his broken friend.

    "Jongdae is dying because of me, and I'm pretty sure the chemicals are destroying my body each and every time is use that goddamn ability to control time." Tao hissed.

    "You're dying? No, Tao, you can't die! What would I do without you getting me into situations I can't get myself out of?!" Kris was trying to brighten the mood a bit, but he knew it wasn't working.

    "Promise if I...die... You'll take care of yourself and not be an idiot." Tao stared right at the road instead of looking at Kris.

    "You're not going to die, you're being over dramatic." Kris scoffed.

    "Tell that to Xiumin." Tao spat.

Kris flinched as Xiumin's death was still sensitive to everyone even though a year has passed.

    "How long have you had your powers?" Kris changed the subject, trying not pry too much.

    "Months, almost a year, but when you have the ability to control time you never quite know." Tao said flatly.

    "Wow it must be hard for you, knowing that you're dying and watching the love of your life die right in front of you." Kris only imagined what it would be like if that happened to Luhan.

    "It's really hard... He was fine a couple months ago and now he can't even walk. His body is killing him because of those chemicals. They're messing with his system and there's no way to reverse its effects," Tao's breathing became hard and tear drops fell onto his lap, "I wish I could help him but I can't even touch him without getting shocked. He's dying to hug me but he knows he can't without hurting me. I dragged him into this, and I can't get him out. That's why Xiumin made you promise him not to get Luhan involved." 

    "Zi-"

    "Promise me you won't do anything stupid once I'm gone, Ge ge." Tao bit his lip.

Kris felt tears well up in his eyes, not wanting to believe what he was hearing.

    "I promise, Taozi." Kris breathed.

A single tear ran down Kris' cheek, his heart breaking into two, as they arrived at his apartment complex.