Unsure Targets

Life or Death

Luhan stared outside of the window of the hospital room he was in. Laying in bed a few inches away was not Xiumin but Lay. Kris had his head on Luhan's shoulder, staring out the window with him, lost in thought. Tao stood by the door while the others were scattered around in the tiny room. Lay began to stir causing everyone to rushed to his side. Once he finally opened his eyes he screamed in surprise because everyone was literally in his face.

    "Let the unicorn breath you guys." Tao announced.

They all backed off after knowing Lay was pretty much okay. It was honestly really hard for Kris and Tao to believe that Lay was the target that time around before Tao stopped time and rewound, Kris would've been in Lay's position.

    "How are you feeling?" Kris asked.

    "Well, I just got shot so I guess I can cross that off of my bucket list." Lay's sarcasm was hurtful at times, "These painkillers don't help either way." He angrily tried to take his IV out while everyone (sans Tao and Kris) tried to stop him.

    "I think it would be best if you guys wait outside so we don't have a dozen of people crushing the poor thing." Tao tried to reason with the restless crowd.

    "He's right, only Zitao and I are only allowed in here," Kris ignored Luhan's puppy eyes and pushed him towards the others, "Sorry Lulu."

Kris was definitely going to get it when they get home with the glare Luhan was giving him. Tao shut the door after everyone vacated the room, in hopes no one would catch on to anything.

    "Finally." Lay took the IV with any hesitation and put his hand over his bullet wound.

He had surgery to get the bullet out which was only a few inches away from puncturing his stomach, he was lucky. His hand began to glow as the wound seemed to be healing at a rapid pace, Lay's ability: healing. Lay was responsible for keeping Xiumin alive for as long as he lived, without him Xiumin would've died the first time he froze. His healing abilities healed those wounded cells until they mutated which was his worst fear. The door opened and Chanyeol witnessed Lay healing himself. Tao and Kris began to internally panic as Lay tired to play it off as something normal. Chanyeol shut the door behind him and lifted his hand up, a small flame ignited out of nowhere, signaling that he was one of them. They all sighed in relief because they would have no idea how to pass that off without killing him... I mean, locking him up somewhere.

    "Baekhyun knows as well. He made me promise to never do that in front of our kids when the papers are finally processed." Chanyeol chuckled.

    "How come you've never told us?" Tao asked.

    "I guess no one was on speaking terms after Minseok... Passed away." Chanyeol treaded the water with precaution, "So I'm fire...."

    "Flight." Kris admitted, crossing his arms.

    "Time." Tao smiled sadly.

    "Healing." Lay said, meekly.

    "How did you get your powers Yixing? I know how Yifan and Zitao got theirs through Yeon Ni noona."  Chanyeol sat in a chair near Kris and Tao.

Actually Kris and Tao didn't even know how Lay got that ability, he never told them.

    "I actually went in with Xiumin because I was dating him when they recruited him. I never knew I could heal until I revived a dying flower. This is why Xiumin was still alive for a while... because of me. I really wish I could've done more for him." Lay played with the IV bag, careful not to spill anything.

They stayed silent for a moment until Lay got up from the bed.

    "Why do I have a feeling they weren't aiming at me?" Lay stared right at Kris.

    "I must've created a new timeline when I tried backed everything up. I wanted to get all of you out so no one would get hurt. We must have gotten a new outcome since I pushed Yixing towards you." Tao rubbed the back of his head.

    "Yeah and I pushed them towards the others so he would be safe." Kris explained.

    "Well I still got hurt. What did you do to get them on you?!" Lay exclaimed.

    "I don't think it was P.U.R.E. It was a government vehicle." Chanyeol interrupted.

There was suddenly a cold chill in the room as their faces showed fear.

    "That was a government car.... Oh god." Kris sat down in chair, feeling defeated.

What has he done to deserve this?

    "I don't think you've done anything bad to get the government on you. Yifan, don't worry about it." Tao tried to reason.

    "Yeah we'll bail you out!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

Kris laughed and punched Chanyeol's shoulder, making the latter whine. Tao leaned against the wall and sighed heavily. His body was growing weak as if growing older every single time he controlled the time. He wasn't going to tell Kris because the latter would panic internally and add more stress on his promises.