A Trap

Life or Death

Days have gone by since they've started the search for Tao and so far they haven't had any clues or leads. Kris was standing next to a tree at the park because the other decided it was a good idea to search there, it had meaning to Tao as that's where he asked Chen to be his. Next to the park was actually Xiumin's old cafe, ironic.

    "If I were Zitao, where would I go?" Chanyeol asked.

    "And if I were Jongdae, where would I want us to go?" Baekhyun replied.

They all nodded their heads in agreement at the statement, then bursted into laughter. Kris turned his head to the side to see a glimpse of a piano in the distance. He could've sworn he saw Jongdae there but when he blinked there was nothing.

    "Isn't there an outdoor piano around here somewhere?" Kai asked.

The only response was Kris walking away, leaving everyone else confused. Luhan run up to him and tried tugging him back but Kris kept going.

    "Ge Ge where are you going?" Luhan walked along side him when he realized he couldn't stop him.

    "To see Jongdae." Kris smiled warmly at Luhan.

Luhan stopped in his place, watching his boyfriend walk away. He looked back at the others and made a slight movement of his head causing them to rush over. When Kris reached the piano he realized it was surrounded by flowers and trees, a perfect place for Chen to have his peace. Luhan appeared next to Kris and stared at the piano, quiet and peaceful. Kris ran his hand on the piano while the others crowded around.

    "Zitao dragged Jongdae here to ask him a very important question." Kai spoke softly.

    "These few years of knowing you, have meant a lot to me. You've been by my side through thick and thin and I can't thank you enough..." Baekhyun recited.

    "I don't want to scare you away but listen to my confession. I love you Kim Jongdae, from the first time I saw you. The more I got to know you, the more I fell in love with you, not just because of your pretty face but your personality too. Listen to this weak confession of mine and say you'll be mine. Will you go out with me? Please." Luhan spoke.

Chen's eyes were shining with tears as he covered his mouth at the confession. Tao stood in front of him, heart beating fast and madly blushing, waiting for an answer. Chen nodded his head and laughed, smiling widely.

    "Yes." Lay sat down at the piano.

Kris stood there for a moment before he looked at the others.

    "Were you guys stalking them when Zitao was confessing?!" Kris blurted.

Everyone looked away, trying not be guilty but failing so hard. Kris shook his head and chuckled.

    "You guys are unbelievable." Kris pinched the bridge of his nose.

    "Yifan!!!"

Kris turned his head to see Tao running towards him.

    "Zitao?!" Kris was unsure what he was seeing.

Tao tackled Kris to the ground and gripped his jacket tight.

    "They're not that far behind me. You have to get out of here! It's a trap!" Tao exclaimed.

Kris observed his crazed friend and noticed the ripped clothes, the bruising around the face and rope marks on his wrists.

    "Who's behind you!?" Kris growled.

Lay went over and pulled Tao off of Kris.

    "Zitao, where have you been?!" Lay shook Tao.

    "You have to get out of here, Yixing!" Tao pushed Lay away from him.

Suddenly a group of people in what appears to be military uniforms, appeared where Tao came from, grabbed Lay and Tao, surrounding the others.

    "What's going on?!?!" Lay screamed.

Tao struggled in the tight grip, trying to be free. Suddenly the area was covered in smoke, causing all of them to cough. Kris frantically looked for Luhan and trying to avoid being caught. Someone grabbed onto his arm, coughing hysterically, making Kris panic. He tried to pull away only to have them fall over, losing their grip on him. When he looked down he saw an unconcious Luhan, his mind started to race.

    "Luhan, wake up!" Kris barked, trying to wake up his deer.

Luhan didn't wake up and that's when Kris realized it was sleeping gas. He started to feel the effects and he only hoped that everyone else was alright. He passed out next to Luhan, holding his hand protectively.

    "Where are you guys!?" Kai called out.

It was a mess of voices, no one could hear each other clearly. One by one they all went down, unsure of what was going to happen next. Kris woke up first, head pounding, fear taking over. He looked around and noticed they were in the same place where they were attacked.

    "-4. 5. 6. 7......8." Kris was counting how many were still there, "There were 10 of us minus Zitao. Who's missing?"

Everyone else was starting to wake up and Kris was certain who it was. He turned to face the other and bit his lip.

    "They took Yixing." Kris gulped.