Untrue

Life or Death

Weeks after Lay got released from his prison of a hospital room, Tao deemed it safe to go back to PURE. Kris wished him a safe trip and promised they would see each other again soon. The ride was very familiar but something felt off, very off, probably because Chen was no longer in his life. Tao won't see that beautiful smile of his, or hear his calm voice... Or anything of Chen's. He pulled over to the side of the road and stared at the road ahead of him.

    "If I hadn't told them that Jongdae was mine they wouldn't have dragged him into this. We was just a witness but he turned into a test subject, like Yixing and Baekhyun. I'm not sure if I believe in Minseok's word anymore." He spoke to himself softly as if someone else was in the car with him.

Chen flashed into his thoughts and he was understanding what Lay felt when Xiumin passed away. Tao felt like part of his heart was ripped away and he didn't like the feeling at all. Chen was so healthy then the next day his health was deteriorating, why was that? Tao put the car back into drive and finished traveling to his destination. He walked into the familiar warehouse feeling empty inside. The first employee he encountered, he pinned to the wall.

    "Where the hell is Yeon Ni?" Tao growled, his anger wasn't hard to detect.

The poor worker told Tao what he knew, fearing his life. Once Tao let him go he made his way to the main office, where she was at. He barged into the office finding Yeon Ni looking at someone's file.

    "I have a bone to pick to with you." Tao slammed the door.

    "Why are you so mad, Zitao?" Yeon Ni closed the file and focused her attention on the angry panda.

    "I'm mad because I had to bury my boyfriend into the earth a couple of weeks ago. I want to know why his treatment wasn't working and why he died."

There was tension in the air as Yeon Ni tried to think of a good answer. She got up and went to a file cabinet next to her desk.

    "You know there's not good answer for this." Yeon Ni explained, pulling out Chen's file.

    "I know but I still want to know the reason." Tao slumped into a chair in front of the desk.

She sat down in front of him and opened the file, sighing.

    "Jongdae's immunity to the electricity lowered tremendously which caused him to go into cardiac arrest."

    "His immunity went down!? How is that possible?" Tao was shocked.

    "Yes, he refused take the pills to boost his immune system. He said something about being done with the pain." Yeon Ni closed the file, looking solemn, "He would throw a fit and almost killed some of our employees to get him to take the pills. I'm so sorry, Zitao."

    "Jongdae... Why didn't he tell me? I wanted to be there with him," Tao stared at the floor, imagining Chen closing his eyes for the last time, "Thank you for telling me this, I'll be heading back to training."

Once the door shut and Tao was out of sight, Yeon Ni sighed and threw Chen's file into the trash.

    "Zitao is starting to get on my nerves.." She drummed her fingers in her desk, "Soon he'll be of no use to me so he won't be an issue for long.

Tao went into the training room and sat the floor, staring at a blank wall. He pointed at the wall and a memory of Chen smiling and laughing was displayed. He stopped time and just stayed in that moment, with Jongdae, he never wanted it to end. Tears were running down Tao's cheeks as he neared Chen's voice as if he was still with him. He extended his hand and the image stopped, staring right at him.

    "Jongdae I miss you. I'll be there soon, don't worry." Tao smiled at Chen, wiping his tears away.

The door opened and footsteps were heard going towards him.

    "I was waiting for you to arrive. What took you so long?" Tao chuckled, turning his head.