Blame Me

Life or Death

WARNING: LOTS OF TEARS (I'm sorry^^;;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After jumping into the vents, they were wondering what was going through Luhan’s head. He just led them around for a bit before Lay spoke up.

    “Luhan, where are we going?”

Luhan stopped and made a loud shushing noise to make Lay shut up. He looked down at a vent under him and removed the cover, poking his head out to make sure the coast was clear before jumping down.

    “Come down carefully.” Luhan warned.

Once more they showed they are capable of following directions and one by one they jumped down except for Kai and D.O as they tumbled to the ground from the vent. The pair was suddenly suspended in midair before being placed gently on the ground.

    “Be more care careful next time Kaisoo.” Luhan retorted as he was looking outside of the only door in the room.

D.O stared at Luhan cautiously, how did he know they were falling and caught them without even looking?

    “Where are we?” Suho dusted himself off while looking at his surroundings.

    “A storage room. It’s two rooms away from where that is at.” Luhan shut the door after making sure there was no one outside.

    “Now we can make a game plan!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

Baekhyun closed his eyes and nodded slowly, his expression signifying that he was ready to be done with this. Chanyeol noticed his fiance’s expression and pulled him into a tight hug.

    “It’s almost over Baek, then we’ll go home and adopt those precious kids of ours.” Chanyeol spoke in a calm voice as he rubbed Baekhyun’s back.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and his body began to shake.

    “I-I want to g-o-o h-home now, Yeollie!” Baekhyun cried, burying his head in Chanyeol’s chest.

Hearing Baekhyun cry made D.O tear up as well making Kai pull him closer. Luhan watched Baekhyun cry and D.O began to lose it, feeling upset as well. It was because of him that they were crying. It was because of him they were there. It was because of him that they were suffering. It didn’t take long before tears started streaming from Luhan’s eyes as well. He felt exhausted and emotionally drained that he just wanted to go home too, away from the current situation.

    “Luhan?” The feeling of Kris’s hand on his shoulder broke him even more.

He fell to his knees, bowing his head towards the friends he hurt as he sobbed heavily. Chanyeol and D.O looked at Luhan with teary eyes while he stuttered.

    “P-Please f-forgive m-m-me!” Luhan was trying not to drown in his own tears, “I-I’ve cau-used you all p-pain a- and s u f f e r i n g.”

Kris bent down, rubbing Luhan’s back to calm him down and was trying to keep his mask on for him but seeing him like this hurt.

    “Z-Zitao, Jongd-dae, and M-M-” Luhan felt a wave of anguish rush over him, “MINSEOK, ZITAO, AND JONGDAE SHOULD ALL BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW! THEY DIED BECAUSE SHE WANTED ME A-AND AN ND YOU ALL COULD’VE STAYED NORMAL!! IT’S BECAUSE OF ME THAT YOU HAVE POWERS, THAT YOU’VE SUFFERED LOSS, THAT... THAT… THAT THERE’S GOING TO BE NO END TO THIS. MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE AND I CAN’T CONTINUE LIKE THIS! I’M THE FREAK THEY WANT AND IT’S NOT FAIR THAT YOUR NORMAL LIVES HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM YOU!!”

Lay hid his eyes behind his hand and bit his lip as his eyes began to sting with fresh tears. The mask Kris wore was now shattered as he cried along with Luhan. Suho held onto Sehun as the latter cried, wishing he could take Luhan’s pain instead of him suffering with it. Luhan looked up at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, more pain rushed into his heart.

    “How are you going to explain to your children why their parents are different from others?! Please blame it on me!” He turned his head over to Kai and D.O, “How will you explain to your parents that you can teleport or move rocks? Please blame it on me.”

D.O shook his head when the word “blame” came out. He could never blame Luhan for being who he was, he could only blame the people hungry for his gift.

    “Joonmyeon, Sehun please forgive me for being a burden and making you go far away from us as possible. It must’ve been unbearable to be in a place that only reminds you of pain. Please blame your pain on me.” Suho felt his heart shatter while Sehun cried even more.

Luhan took one look at Lay bit his lip.

    “Yixing, please forgive me for taking away the one thing you cared about. I’ve caused him more pain than you could heal. I’m sincerely sorry that I took him from you so early. Please, please forgive me. Blame his death on me if it makes you feel better.” Luhan bowed his head once more.

Lay felt as if he was back in the hospital room watching Luhan cry over the loss of his best friend, but now he was apologizing as if he murdered Xiumin himself. It hard for Lay to let Xiumin go but Luhan really hasn’t and now won’t forgive himself. He’s apologized to everyone except for Kris, but that wasn’t going happen as Kris hugged the sobbing blonde tightly.

    “You have nothing to apologize to me for. Just know that no matter what the outcome of this is, I will still be by your side. I really don’t mind flying around, I really don’t. Don’t blame yourself for all of this because it wasn’t your fault.” Kris kissed Luhan’s head before letting him go.

    “Luhan… I don’t blame you for Minseok’s death. You didn’t even know you had powers then so you trying to take the blame for that is stupid. I forgive you because you’re my friend and I want to see you smile like you did when you were with Minseok.” Lay smiled softly at the deer.

    “Yeah, trying to take the blame for all of this is stupid.” Chanyeol repeated.

    “This is all because of some person is trying to copy what you have to create destruction.” Baekhyun added.

    “Keep smiling Luhan, because we’re gonna have your back throughout this whole predicament.” Kai gave him a thumbs up

    “Yeah let’s kick some !” Sehun chuckled.

    “Sehun no.” Suho’s eyes were wide.

Luhan wiped his eyes and smiled.

    “You’ll really stay by my side?”

    “We are one.” D.O helped Luhan up.

Luhan smiled at his friends as they began to talk about strategies. One was blowing the whole place up, another was somehow turn invisible and take the tube when she wasn’t looking??? Yeah, they were some crazy plans. While they were discussing those details, Luhan was slowly backing up to the door.

    “What do you think Luhan?” Suho asked.

    “My idea is better!” Kai tried to persuade Luhan.

    “Yeah, it’s good.” Luhan didn’t know what to say as he wasn’t really paying attention.

They went back to their discussion while he inched closer to the door. He had his hand on the knob when he was caught.

    “Luhan what are you doing?” Lay asked.

Luhan stood still for a moment till everyone’s eyes were on him. He knew this was his fight, they didn’t need to get involved.

    “I really love you guys but I need to do this on my own.” He escaped through the door, locking it from the outside as it can’t be unlocked from the inside. It won’t hold them for long but just long enough to find Yeon Ni himself.