Trying to Forget the Past

Life or Death

Luhan finally calmed down after his tantrum and realized the huge mess he made. The table was tipped over, a couple of the chairs were missing a leg, pots and pans were scattered everywhere, and glass was shattered near his foot, though he's not quite sure how it looked that bad as he never moved from his spot. He ran his hands through his short blonde hair and tried not to cry. He tried not to remember the old days with his boyfriend and their friends at Xiumin's cafe. That's where Tao and Chen got together and where Chanyeol and Baekhyun got engaged. He failed at suppressing the memories as he fell to his knees, the glass near him began to be painted with blood. He started to cry hysterically as he remembered his best friend on his death bed and Kris trying to comfort him. Xiumin had contracted something and wouldn't say what but what scared him the most was that when he held Xiumin's hand it felt frozen. Luhan wanted him to pull through but there was "no way" is what Kris said. With Xiumin's dying breath he whispered in Kris's ear and squeezed Luhan's hand as hard as he could before it fell limp. Luhan looked at Kris upon hearing the heart monitor go flat to see a tear run down his boyfriend's cheek, muttering the words, I promise. After Xiumin's funeral, Sehun was never heard from again, Tao and Chen moved away from Bejing, Chanyeol and Baekhyun became distant from everyone, Lay never left Xiumin's grave, rumor has it Suho went with Sehun to keep an eye on him, and Kai and D.O where the only ones still in town. How he longed for the days were they would all be together and laughed, creating more memories. If only he had noticed Xiumin's symptoms sooner, then maybe they would've have saved him instead of being told he only has a couple of days left. He continued to cry about everything that went wrong that he lost track of how long he's been there nor did he care. When Kris came home and saw Luhan passed out on the floor next to shatter glass, he panicked.

    "Oh no, Luhan."

Kris carefully made his way the the shorter male and picked him up off the floor. He carried Luhan to their room, laying him down on the bed. Luhan woke up to see Kris tending to his wounds that he felt sad that was the only way for his boyfriend to acknowledge him. Once Kris was done wrapping Luhan's knee, he locked eyes with him. Luhan flinched seeing Kris's angry expression.

    "Kris, I-" Luhan started.

He was interrupted by Kris hugging him tightly. 

    "Don't do that again. I really don't want to lose you, like we lost Xiumin, and I don't want to be like Yixing. I'm really sorry you've been feeling ignored or less of yourself but I want you to know that I really do care about you and I'm doing everything I can to support us." Kris confessed.

Luhan wrapped his arms around Kris and laid his head on his boyfriend's. They fell asleep like that and by noon, Luhan was alone again. Of course, things don't change.