Caged

Life or Death

Lay screamed while they were dragging him to a holding cell, them threw him in and locked the door behind him. He scrambled to get up only to fall over in pain, his ankle was messed up. He brought his hand to his ankle to realize he had gloves on. He didn't think it would be an issue but they prevented him from healing.

    "Wha..."

He tried taking the gloves off but they didn't seem able to come off. Panic began to set in as the realization of not being able to heal himself scared him. He began to scream again only to be yelled at by the guards down the hall. Lay whimpered a bit then cleared his throat.

    "Why am I here?" Lay pleaded.

    "You were next on the list."

    "List?" Lay gulped in fear.

It was dead quiet making Lay feel uneasy as he slumped against the wall and whined about his ankle. Later he heard the door open and there were footsteps echoing down the hall.

    "Please let me out!" Lay went towards the bars and gripped them tight, "Or at least take the gloves off! They're very uncomfortable!!" He whined.

The sound of another cell opening and closing drowned him out. He pouted and looked at his gloved hands, there was a light blue glow to them.

    "Let me out!" Lay shook the bars, starting to get irritated.

There was a tray thrown at him and he was lucky there were bars in front of him. He saw food scattered on the ground along with a toothy laugh.

    "Enjoy your meal."

Lay stared into the darkness trying to figure out where the voice came from then the door at the end of the hall shut. He groaned staring at the dirty food which wasn't even in his reach.

    "Yixing?" A familiar voice called.

    "Zitao!" Lay lit up, looking into the darkness.

    "Are you hurt?"

Lay shook his head and smiled.

    "My ankle is hurting a bit but I'm sure I can live with it. How about you?"

    "I've been better." Tao coughed.

    "I'm scared, Zitao." Lay confessed.

    "I am too Yixing."

The door down the hall slammed open and a group of heavily armed people were heading right towards Lay. He backed up to the wall and tried to be strong but with every step they took that seemed to be an impossible task. Suddenly they started walking slower and slower, eventually freezing when they were in front of his cell. Lay looked stunned at first then realized it was Tao doing this.

    "Zitao?"

    "Whatever you do, Yixing, " Tao coughed loudly, "Don't let them break you. You're strong and you know it. Don't let them win. The others will find us."

Lay shook his head at the thought of Tao suffering at the moment, blinking away tears that wanted to emerge. He was snapped out of his thoughts when the cell door opened and they grabbed his arms. He began to try to fight them but his actions were futile because they got him with a taser, rendering him powerless. They dragged him out of the dark room and he only saw part of a hallway before he passed out. Lay woke up, chained to a wall with two guards standing on either side of him, in another dark room with a dimly lit lantern.

    "Zhang Yixing, nice of you to join us."

He looked around the room for the face of the voice but couldn't find one that fit.

    "Why am I here? I haven't done anything wrong!" Lay pleaded.

    "It's not what you've done but what you have."

    "If this about the house I bought in Shanghai next to the cemetery, I'm sorry! I didn't know someone else wanted it!" Lay was being ridiculous.

    "No! What? Never mind the house. I'm talking about your healing ability."

Lay's eyes widened, he started to feel threatened and uncomfortable.

    "I don't know what you're talking about." Blunt.

Someone emerged from the shadows and Lay felt a suddenly pain on the side of his face. The person in front of him just cut his cheek. Lay yelled and was roughly grabbed by his face, the hand avoiding the cut.

    "Then what do you call this?"

The wound on his face began to slowly heal itself, making his lie void. Lay growled once he was let go and the person resumed his position in the shadows.
    "You shouldn't be denying this gift of yours. After all, I gave it to you."

    "Mom?!" Lay shrieked.

    "NO!" The shadowy person came into Lay's line of vision.

Once Lay got a good look at him, he gasped slightly but again he wasn't surprised.

    "Shin Hyuk Eun."