Ability Unlocked

Life or Death

    "Pure?"

    "P.U.R.E. That is our organization’s name."

    "I don't understand what good this would do?" Kris asked.

    "We have been doing excessive research on the benefits these injections could have. We're trying to get rid of deadly diseases even if that means people would be strangely unique." Yeon Ni explained.

    "So you recruited me... To help save the world? Wow, this really feels like a movie." Kris chuckled to himself.

    "We may also use these newfound powers to help our soldiers be unbeatable, not that we would need to use them of course. It's just for a precautionary."

    "So is the government helping you guys?" Kris pursed his lips.

    "No, the government would immediately shut us down if they found out that we had advanced medical research." Yeon Ni seemed to be weary of the government.

    "Then why did my friend die?" Kris's eyes turned dark.

    "We can't control what happens to the cells in someone's bodies. We thought Mr. Kim was doing well, health wise, until Mr. Zhang brought him to us in his frail state. So we've decided to take the error and make sure everyone is always doing well and the powers are under control."

Figures.

    "Then why do-"

    "Speaking of that, have you ever found your ability yet?" She questioned.

Kris had to think long and hard about that, nothing came to mind.

    "Not really... Is there a chance that it could be defective?" Kris shrugged.

    "Not possible. Every test we've run has always come out with an ability. We just need to find it."

Kris got a worried expression on his face and chuckled nervously.

    "Don't worry we're not going to torture you. Come." She instructed.

As if in a trance, he got up from his spot and followed her down the dimly lit corridor. She opened a door and gestured him to walk in, he wasn't quite sure about it but he gave in only to be met with a pure white room.

    "Is this a joke?" Kris growled.

The door shut tightly behind him, as he tried to get it to open, but there was no handle.

    "Can you hear me?"

    "What is this place?!" Kris began to panic as he tried to look for another exit.

    "A testing area. We're going to generate different scenarios which will, hopefully, unlock your ability." Yeon Ni spoke through a speaker.

Kris took a deep breathe and nodded.

    "Alright let's get this over with."

For what seemed like forever, they've tired every possible scenario they could think up yet Kris couldn't figure out his ability. Kris punched the wall in frustration and anger.

    "We're going to try one more thing before we begin testing a sample of your blood."

The room changed into a forest on a cloudy day, he was near a cliff to which he scoffed at. Suddenly he saw a cute stuffed alpaca fall from the sky and was about to fall down the cliff. It's lifeless eyes, pierced Kris's heart and he knew he had to save it.

    "I'll save you!" Kris jumped off the animated but realistic cliff and reached to grab the alpaca only for it to disappear.

    "I was gonna name him Ace." Kris's heart broke into two.

He heard the door open and Yeon Ni walked in.

    "Congratulations, you've found your ability."

    "Saving stuffed animals is my ability?" Kris rose an eyebrow about ready to die of laughter.

    "Look down."

Kris noticed he was actually a few feet above the blonde women and could easily touch the ceiling. He was flying, Kris could fly.