Incidents

Life or Death

She watched them be boys, throwing paper airplanes around near the toxic chemicals in the science lab. Sitting a distance away she turned her attention back to the professor, stressing the importance of chemical safety. The professor's attention from the board went to a paper airplane from the back row, hitting him in the head.

    "If I see one more paper airplane, Wu Yifan, I will kick you out of my classroom. I know very well you need this class to complete your major so I suggest instead of wasting paper, you utilize it for notes. This is going to be on the final!" The professor barked.

She watched the college student with the spiked styled hair remove his feet from the desk in front of him and scramble for a pencil while his friends laughed at him. Everyone in the class suddenly laughed at the dumb kid except for one. A petite, chocolate haired boy stared at the troublesome boy with lovey dovey eyes. She found it hard to believe that a sweet kid like him would be infatuated with an idiot like Wu. After looking back at Wu, she made eye contact with the boy. He retraced her glance back to his crush then proceed to glare at her. Quickly she looked away so there wouldn't be a misunderstanding. After that, every time she would look into Wu's general direction, she would receive glares from doe like eyes. She doesn't even like that troublemaker so she didn't know why she was getting that treatment. Then one day the professor began to explain a project they were expected to complete in two days. Once again the boys in the back of the room were goofing off while everyone else was trying to come up with a plan. The professor yelled at them once more and told them to get working if not they fail before he stepped out for a moment. Sure enough they went straight to the chemicals and tried figuring out what goes with what. No else seemed to mind them except she couldn't help but watch and wait to see what would happen. It was fairly peaceful until a glass shattered and there was screaming. They caused a chemical reaction as it was overflowing in the beaker and no one knew what to do. One of the idiots knocked it over and it got all over them. The professor came back in a quickly reacted to the situation. He got everyone out of the room but left the boys in there so they wouldn't affect someone else. Amongst the crowd she could've swore she saw those doe eyes. They waited for hours until the hazmat group to came in to check them. Word around campus spread that they survived an explosion waiting to happen. There was a rumor that the chemical reaction blew up on them and instead of melting their faces they became immune from other stuff. No one really knew what to believe but the boys took it like that, she found it interesting.