Masked Emotions

Life or Death

"Oh no." Kris pinched the bridge of his nose.

Yixing stared at Luhan with an icy glare, making the latter flinch.

    "Imagine yourself losing Yifan.." Yixing started.

    "Yixing don't." Kris sighed.

    "You can't stop me Yifan," Yixing bent down slightly to make direct eye contact with Luhan, "You'd be so overwhelmed with emotions that you wouldn't be able cry, scream, or come to terms with yourself because the person you've always cried to when things got tough is gone. Never able to come back and comfort you or cry with you. So you just bottle it all up and never let the sun light see it because if you do...."

Luhan saw Lay's expression start to soften and his eyes glazed over.

    "If you do..." Lay's voice started to crack, "I-If you do, y-you w-won't be a-able to control your e-emotions a-a-anymore." Lay finally broke, falling to his knees in front of his love's grave.

Kris rubbed Lay's back while he cried, breaking Luhan's heart. There were no words to describe how Lay was feeling yet they knew the feeling.

    "Um.. Minseok left me something to give to you before he passed. I left it in the car so..." Luhan looked at Kris, who nodded, meaning he could go.

    "There there, Yixing. Let it all out." Kris rubbed Lay's back as Lay continued to cry hysterically.

Luhan left the two giants and made his way to the car. As he waited for cars to pass by on the road so he could cross, he noticed a black suv drive by him slowly, as if studying him. He shrugged it off, crossing the road and reaching the car, only to realize it was locked.

    "Great, the car is locked." Luhan sighed.

He stared at the lock for a while and it magically unlocked. Luhan jumped back, tripping over his feet, falling to the ground. He turned his head towards Kris and Lay, who weren't paying attention to him.

    "The door unlocked... How is that possible?" Luhan whispered to himself. 

He stood up and brushed himself off, thinking he's letting his nerves get the better of him. He opened the car door and reached towards the glove compartment. Luhan took that chance to reach for the piece of paper and stuff it in his jean pocket before opening the glove compartment. Inside, besides all the basic car insurance information and manual, there was a sealed letter with Lay's full name in Xiumin's neat handwriting. He turned around in time to see Lay and Kris crossing the road, Kris basically guiding Lay while the latter tried rubbing the tears out of his eyes. Luhan shuts the door to the car and opens the door to Lay's home so Kris could half carry/ half guide Lay in. Once Lay sat down on the couch, he began to calm down and compose himself.

    "I'm sorry, it's just been really hard without Minseok, even if it's been years already." Lay sniffed.

    "I'm still hurting too, Yixing." Luhan sat next to Lay and handed him the letter.

    "I'd love to stick around and watch you read that letter but it's probably really personal and stuff and we have a two hour drive back home." Kris pat Lay's back.

    "But we just got here." Luhan whined, he wanted to know what was written in the letter.

    "We've been here for 20 minutes and Yixing probably has things to do." Kris looked out the window.

    "Yeah, I have to go to work in a few minutes. Tell you what, next time I'll visit you guys and I'll tell you what's in the letter."

Lay smiled at Luhan.

    "Alright!" Luhan beamed.

Kris continued to stare out of the window and smiled at Xiumin's grave.

    "We miss you buddy. Hope you're resting well." Kris whispered.

Lay stood up and put a hand on Luhan's shoulder. His eye twitched for a second but Luhan didn't seem to notice it.

    "Thank you for getting this to me. I really appreciate it, deer." Lay smiled.

    "Anytime." Luhan felt better that Lay was smiling again.

Kris opened the door and looked at Luhan.

    "Come on Lulu, we gotta go."

    "Ok I'm coming." Luhan walked towards Kris.

Once Luhan got to the door, Lay pulled him back and hugged him tightly, catching the latter off guard.

    "Take care of yourself Luhan, and listen to everything Kris says. I'd hate to see you get in trouble." Lay looked sad.

    "I will, Yixing. When you have time tell Baozi, that I miss him." Luhan pleaded.

    "I'll tell him." Lay let go of Luhan and messed up his hair.

Luhan laughed and stepped out of the house, getting into the car. Kris was about to leave when Lay stopped him.

    "I have a feeling something bad is going to happen soon. Be careful." Lay looked quite concerned.

    "I feel it too... You should be careful as well, we'll see you again soon." Kris gave Lay a quick hug.