Torment

Life or Death

Lay was smack across the face with the end of a gun, many bruises visible on his face.

   “I don't like playing games, Yixing. Now tell me where the others are at!” Hyuk Eun spat.

Lay flashed a cocky smile and chuckled while his facial appearance didn't seem confident.

   “What kind of person do you take me for? I'm not saying anything and you can beat me and torture me all you want. I'll never tell you where they're at!” Lay spit at his captor.

Hyuk Eun sneered in disgust and scoffed.

   “If you don't tell me then you'll end up like Minseok.”

Lay breath got caught in his throat and panicked inside.

   "Please leave him out of this. He deserves to rest in peace.” Lay whined.

   "Oh my dear boy. You don't know, do you?” There was something about his tone that made Lay feel uneasy.

   “Wh-what do you mean?” Lay hesitated.

   “Minseok’s ability was siphoned out of his lifeless body and treated to where no one would have a horrible fate like him.” Hyuk Eun smiled.

   “You mean Minseok could've lived??!?” Lay exploded after everything clicked together.

   “He very well could've if we felt like keeping him alive.”

Lay was past his breaking point and was actually glad he was chained so he didn't commit murder in that exact moment.

    “You see, this is all part of my plan. Make you and you friends the vessels for the abilities then once you guys pass away we step in a make sure no one else has the backlash that they’ve experienced.” Hyuk Eun chuckled making Lay’s stomach flip.

    “How could you do this?! I thought you cared about saving the world and ridding it of diseases!” Lay’s teeth were grinding against each other, anger boiling his blood.

   “That was in the past as having an all powerful army that can't be stopped was much more tempting.” He turned to walk away before pointing to a guard, “Lock him up with Zitao, make sure he sees what happens when he doesn't cooperate.”

Lay started to panic and pulled at the chains but it was useless as the guards were stronger than him and count knock him out with a single punch. He was escorted back to the the dark room and thrown into a different cell.

   “Could I at least get a small snack after being beaten and threatened?” Lay whined.

There was no answer and he knew he wasn't getting anything to eat any time soon.

   “How’d it go Yixing?”

   “Besides being beaten, it went pretty- Oh dear shisus! What did they do to you?!” Lay exclaimed when he turned to look at his friend.

Tao was sitting against the wall, an arm in a sling, two black eyes and dried blood at the corner of his mouth.

   “The best friend treatment I guess, since I'm so close to Yifan. They thought they could get all the information out of me.” Tao chuckled then wincing at the movement, “I also may have some broken ribs.”

   “How many fingers am I holding up?” Lay asked, lifting his index, middle and ring fingers to Zitao’s line of vision.

   “Three.” He smacked Lay’s hand, “I have a black eye, I’m not blind!” He barked.

   “Actually you have two black eyes but you know...” Lay nervously chuckled.

   “They’re planning on coming for us and it’s not going to end well.” Tao sighed.

   “Hopefully they’re not that stupid.” Lay rubbed the back of his head.

Tao gave him a side glance making Lay sigh, they both knew they were that stupid.