Determined

Life or Death

    “Finally, after all these years I have you.” Yeon Ni chuckled.

Luhan was trying to stay awake but the sedatives she gave him were starting to kick in. She spun the chair he was strapped in around to face her and laughed.

    “Do you know how HARD it was to find you? It’s a good thing I finally decided to check the cameras or else I wouldn’t have seen your telekinetic episode.” She grabbed his chin to focus his drowsy attention on her.

Luhan wanted to fight back but his body wouldn’t respond to commands, all he could do was stare.

    “I promise you won’t feel a thing.” Was the last thing he heard before he passed out.

Back in the cell, Kris was pacing around as the others watched him while sitting on the cold floor.

    “If you keep that up, you're gonna wear the floor out.” Kai remarked.

Kris glared at him while he continued to pace before he stopped in front of him.

    “You would be in my shoes if Kyungsoo was the one they were after!” Kris barked.

Kai put his hands in the air in defeat, because he knew Kris was right. The door opened to the cell block, making them turn the heads in curiosity. A guard unlocked their cell as Suho, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and D.O were pushed in. Kris stood there in shock, their arrival means they already have Luhan. How long were they there? Kai stood up from his spot and hugged D.O tightly.

    “We couldn’t stop them.” Suho cleared his throat.

    “There’s no way can stop them now. They have Luhan and now they can finally achieve their goal.” Kai groaned.

    “They’ll probably kill us before they kill him.” Kris ran a hand through his hair nervously.

    “I volunteer Sehun!” Kai exclaimed.

    “That is if I don’t kill you myself first.” Sehun growled.

Kai gulped and hid behind his fiance, causing D.O to roll his eyes.

    “There has to be a way. There’s no way I’m going to accept this fate.” Lay urged.

    “Don’t you get it?! They have Luhan, she’s gonna complete her research, dispose of us, and create a super army to take over the country and possibly the world!” Kris made his way towards his friend, “We lost Yixing! Get it through your head!” He grabbed the unicorn’s shirt and shook him.

    “I don’t believe that!” Lay smacked Kris’s hands away, “I believe there’s still a chance to get out of here and save Luhan. We could ruin their research and stop anymore chemicals from harming anyone ever again!”

Kris stared at Lay with an unbelievable expression before his expression hardened.

    “Healing probably makes you more optimistic.” Kris scoffed before going back to his corner.

Lay cracked a small smile, taking that as a compliment. D.O let go of Kai and abruptly rammed his cuffs into the metal bars, scaring everyone.

    “Kyungsoo, what are doing?!” Sehun tried to stop him.

D.O pushed him away and banged the cuffs again as Sehun fell.

    “If they’re resistant-” Bang “to earth-” Bang

    “Kyungsoo sto-” Kai started.

    “then maybe..” Bang “metal can-”

    “KYUNGSOO!” Kai pleaded about to pull his fiance away from the bars.

Clang “break them.” The cuffs fell off of his hands.

Kris’s eye started to twitch with annoyance once he saw the cuffs fall off.

    “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” Kris exploded, “IT COULDN’T HAVE BEEN THAT SIMPLE!”

    “Wow, it was just a lucky guess.” D.O rubbed his wrists.

    “Great now get us out of here!” Kris demanded.

A few seconds later the door to the cell block broke down letting Kris leisurely stroll out. The couple of guards that were there told him to “freeze” while pointing their weapons at him.

    “I would, but Minseok isn't around.” Kris smirked.

From behind Kris, huge rocks were flying out of the open entrance towards the guards. They began to shoot only to realize Kris had been covered with a rocky shield. The rock attack knocked one guard unconscious, giving Kai a chance to jump out and hit another with his metal cuffs. That’s two out of three. Kris cornered the last guard as the latter shook since the attack made him drop his weapon.

    “Tell me where they are.” Kris commanded as he grabbed the guard by his throat, “Or I’ll have Kyungsoo stone you to death.”

D.O smiled evilly as he stood behind Kris, waiting for the signal. The guard agreed to tell him as long as D.O didn’t bury him under a pile of rocks. Once getting the information, Kris let him go and went to the exit with others, D.O was right behind them after a swift punch to the guard’s jaw, rendering him unconscious.

    "We're coming to save you, Luhan." Kris was determined