Blame

Life or Death

Kris and Kai barged into the warehouse, something didn’t feel right. Usually, it would be busy with employees running around but there was no one. The lights went out, Kris instinctively put his arm out in front of Kai, to prevent him from advancing.

    “Something’s wrong.” Kai gulped, making Kris roll his eyes.

One light showing Yeon Ni, who was only a few feet from them.

    “Yifan, you never told me you knew Luhan.” Yeon Ni smirked.

    “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Kris’s throat went dry.

    “Don’t play stupid, we have cameras watching you 24/7.” She began to walk towards the pair, “How did you do it?”

Kris and Kai took a step back only to be surrounded by the guards. There was no escaping this situation, unless…

    “Jongin.” As if knowing what they were thinking.

Kai was grabbed and cuffed, despite his protests.

    “Don’t bother trying to teleport. Those cuffs are specially designed for you.” Yeon Ni sneered.

    “What’s the meaning of this?!” Kai growled.

    “I don’t like being lied to, that’s what. Now why did you lie to me about him?”

    “He’s not part of this so it’s none of your concern!” Kris spat.

    “Oh Kris darling, he’s the whole reason I started this.” She revealed.

Kris gritted his teeth and felt confused, how could his deer be the start of the whole thing?!

    “You’ve done a really good job hiding your little boyfriend all these years but not anymore. As we speak, he’s being retrieved in order to finish this project once and for all. Everyone will finally pay for all of the hardships they’ve caused me!”

Kai and Kris looked at each other, panicked. D.O and the others are with Luhan at the moment, would they be spared or killed? Footsteps were heard coming down the hall, revealing Hyuk Eun with Lay, who looked broken. He was forced to his knees next to Yeon Ni, while his captor stood next to him.

    “We have a problem.” Hyuk Eun breathed, “It seems we will not have control of time.”

    “What do you mean?” Yeon Ni growled.

    “Zitao passed away in a puff of ash.” Hyuk Eun hit Lay in the back of the head as if placing the blame on him.

    “YOU KILLED TAO?!” Kris exclaimed, glaring daggers at both scientists.

“More like… he killed himself…” Lay’s voice cracked.

Lay finally made eye contact with his shaken friends and began to tear up.

    “I-I tried to stop h-him but he a-already made u-up his mind.” Lay’s body shook with tears running down his face, “It’s a-all my fa-fault!”

Kai shook his head and smiled softly at the distraught unicorn.

    ‘We don’t blame you, Yixing.”

    “Yeah, Tao was always stubborn when it came to protecting his friends and family.” Kris sighed.

    “How sweet….Throw them into the cages, together.” Yeon Ni ordered before she walked away, “Oh and Yifan… how does it feel not being able to protect him?” She laughed.

Kris was about to lunge at her but was dragged away before being able to do so. Once they were thrown into a dark cell, Kris drove his fist into the cement wall. Kai tried to get the cuffs off but was pointless, there’s no way they were going to budge. Lay put his hand on Kris’s shoulder only to be shoved away.

    “Yifan if you’re mad at me, there’s no way I could’ve predicted this would happen. The only with the power to do that was…. Zitao.” Lay bit his lip.

    “Who’s idea was to get involved with this?” Kris asked.

Kai stared at Kris, hoping he wouldn’t do it. Lay’s eyes glossed over once more and stepped away from Kris.

    “It was Minseok’s fault! It was your boyfriend’s fault!” Kris turned to face Lay.

    “Don’t turn the blame on Minseok, just because you couldn’t protect your own boyfriend!” Lay retailed.

Kai shook his head at the scene in front of him, disappointed that they were arguing. He got in between them before any punches were thrown.

    “It’s no one’s fault! Minseok didn’t know they were evil, and we didn’t know she was after Luhan. So instead of blaming each other we should use our heads first.” Kai growled.