62 | The Perfect Proposal

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
When I saw Rima stepped out from the hall, I had a bad feeling about it already. It's a good thing that I followed her so I could save her from the reporters who kept asking her for information.
 
Honestly speaking I was hesitating at first. What if they started to stir an issue because I saved her? What would the President say if a scandal arouse? What would Junhyung think if I did that all of a sudden?
 
"You better do something or you will lose her forever, Gikwang. I mean it."
 
Junhyung's words were the reason I gathered my courage and walked through the crowd, leading her away. I ignored all the cameras and whispering, running away with Rima from the building where the wedding party is held.
 
Instead of taking a taxi, I embrace her hand, letting my feet to guide us to the only place in my mind right now.
 
I slow down my pace, noticing that Rima is wearing a pair of high heels. When we have taken a turn to a small alley, I stop and turn to face her, knowing that she must be confused right now.
 
"You're alright?" I caress her cheek with my other hand. I still don't want to let go of her hand... as if I'm afraid of letting her go.
 
Again.
 
Rima nods and I can feel she is blushing at the moment. She avoids my gaze and I can't help myself to smile because of her innocent reaction.
 
I loosen my hold on her hand so I can take off my tuxedo. I put it around her shoulder and rest my forehead on hers, "Wear it. I don't want you to fall sick after this."
 
"Just walk a little bit more with me," I take her hand once again, hoping that she can feel what I'm feeling. "Just a little bit more, Rima."
 
"You are the only one who can have my heart
No matter how far you are
We can't be separated
You are irreplaceable"
 
The part of the lyrics. The song that she wrote for me. The words keep echoing in my mind as if I always need to remember that Rima is sincere about her feeling for me.
 
And I ended everything by telling her a lie.
 
And I know... she doesn't deserve it. Neither do I.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
My heart doesn't stop beating faster than how it supposed to be. Gikwang doesn't let go of me and it's a lie if I'm not happy because he is the one who helped me just now.
 
However when I remember that he is also the one who chose to walk away before we even started anything, I feel betrayed. Isn't he giving me a false hope if he does this now?
 
Strange enough I don't say a word to him. I let him to lead me to somewhere while I wear his black tuxedo, covering myself from the cold breeze. My feet are hurting already because of the high heels but I'm curious where we're going.
 
When I finally see the bridge, I gasp in surprise, realizing where we're heading together.
 
The beautiful colorful water fountain hasn't changed at all. The water pours down like dancing rainbow, greeting us beautifully.
 
"Remember this place?" Gikwang asks me when we have stopped walking. He glances at me and smiles bashfully, "The Moonlight Rainbow Fountain."
 
"Our first date."
 
My heart skips a beat when he states about the unforgettable memory we shared together here. Of course I remember this place. How could I forget it anyway?
 
"Rima," Gikwang looks at me deep in the eyes, "do you hate me?"
 
What kind of question is that? As much as I'm really hurt because he dumped me for no reason, how could I hate him?
 
I pull my hand away and take a step backward, "What? Did you hit your head somewhere? Why are we even here? We need to return no-"
 
When I turn around to walk away, Gikwang hugs me from behind, making my heart to skip a beat. He wraps my waist with his arms, resting his chin on my left shoulder.
 
"Remember the last time I hugged you like this?" he whispers softly. "We're at the Ice Gallery."
 
I purse my lips, still trying to control my heartbeat but it's pretty much useless because I can barely breath. I'm holding my breath, feeling extremely nervous.
 
What if someone notices us? Even though it's not too crowded, perhaps because this place is more famous during night time, I'm still worried about his reputation.
 
"Do you remember our promise?" he continues without waiting for my answer. "I... This is the only place in my mind. There is no one I want to come here with other than you, Rima."
 
"S-Stop it!" I finally manage to release myself from Gikwang. I face him with rapid heartbeat, "What are you trying to say, Lee Gikwang? First you accepted my heart then you left me and now you said those words to me. Am I that easy for you?"
 
"I thought I could protect you if I stayed this way," he speaks with sad expression on his face. "I just want you to be happy. I just want to make sure that your life will be the brightest. Even if it meant I couldn't be with you."
 
I really want to ask him what he is talking about, but he keeps talking, "But I was wrong. How can I make you happy if I'm not with you?"
 
He takes a step closer to me and then touches the hairpin I wear, "Is this hairpin precious for you?"
 
Of course it is. It's a birthday present for him. Despite the fact that I was hurt because of him, how could I lie to my heart that I miss him so much?
 
His bright smile. His warm embrace. His cheerful support. His voice calling my name.
 
His everything.
 
"What are...," I'm choked with my own words. I don't know how to spill it out. "Stop playing around... Let's just go back..."
 
He suddenly cups my cheeks so our eyes meet, "Am I only a stranger for you, Rima?"
 
I feel like my heart is going to jump out from my chest because of his intense gaze. Gikwang pulls me into a hug, burying his face on my hair and then he whispers the one word I never thought he would say to me at the moment.
 
"Saranghae."
 
A tear rolls down on my cheek unconsciously. Every single memory I have with Gikwang crosses my mind in a flash, reminding me that no matter how many times I told myself to forget him...
 
...I just couldn't.
 
"S-Stop it...," I try to push him away, feeling really awkward. "I don't want people to have wrong idea about us, Gi-"
 
He never let me finish my words. He cuts my sentence with a kiss, deepening it by every second. Under my consciousness, I start to kiss him back slightly.
 
"Let them be," he murmurs after the kiss, caressing my cheek. "If you want to, I'll tell the whole world that I love you."
 
I'm not the type of a romantic lover but I think Gikwang's confession is more than enough to make me fall in love deeper for him.
 
Sure, Junhyung has his own way to charm me, to make me blush, to make my heart beat faster.
 
"I know I'm not Junhyung," he forces a smile. "He met you first. I know I'm not Junhyung who can show you how much he loves you more than everything but I want you to know that my feeling is sincere for you."
 
I close my eyes, trying to adjust my feeling before I say, "Love is not about who comes first. Maybe you never showed me how you feel but... you protect me with your own way."
 
I still don't know why he left me but I believe in him. He was trying to protect me with his own reason and now he apologized.
 
"Rima," Gikwang takes my hand and places it on his chest so I can feel his heartbeat, "will you please let me cherish you once again?"

 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
"B2ST's Gikwang and Stranger's Rima is officially dating"
 
The official announcement about the relationship between the main dancer of BEAST, Lee Gikwang, and Kim Rima, the only daughter of Kim family is spreading widely.
 
CUBE Entertainment also announced that Rima is 'Stranger', the mysterious composer for BEAST's newest mini album.
 
This issue stirs up controversy because Rima is also well known as the ex-girlfriend of B2ST's Junhyung. Junhyung revealed via his Twitter that he also supported their relationship, meaning that he doesn't have any problem with the news.
 
The rumors had spread since Yoseob's wedding day a month ago where reporters took pictures of them together, running away from the party. Some fans also saw them at The Moonlight Rainbow Fountain that day.
 
As for now Rima is currently working for CUBE Entertainment as the main composer for BEAST, right under Junhyung's training as her trainer. BEAST is also in the middle of preparation for their upcoming digital single after Yoseob's marriage with Kim Sora, the famous professional photographer.
 
Netizens are wondering if this news is only a way to rise BEAST with fame or it's actually a real one.
 
"Your fans are so going to kill me," Rima sighs, closing the browser tab and leans her back against the chair. "Aigoo..."
 
"Are you worrying about my reputation or your safety?" Gikwang chuckles as he puts down his phone, looking at the back of his girlfriend. "My fans are not going to kill you. I'll talk to them. I think your father will kill me first if that happens."
 
Rima turns around and puffs her cheeks, "A word from an idol and the world turns upside down. It's kind of scary, you know."
 
"Welcome to our world," he chuckles and admires her cute expression. "Everything is unpredictable in entertainment world. You'll understand someday."
 
"Well, thank you for being so understanding for the stranger in showbiz," she puts the sarcasm tone in her words. "You are indeed my perfect stranger."
 
Gikwang stands up and approaches Rima, kneels down on his knees and takes her hands, "Don't worry. Everything will be alright. I've promised you before, remember?"
 
The girl finally smiles, feeling so much better because of Gikwang. She actually felt guilty about Junhyung when she read the article but she knows that it's actually futile.
 
Junhyung kept his words. He really gave up on her after the wedding day. Just like what he said, he would give up on her if she didn't change her heart. He is trying to move on and lets Rima go so both of them can have their own happiness.
 
In the end Rima's heart never changed. It's Gikwang who owns her heart from the start. She was dilemma before but she never fell for Junhyung; she was just running away from the heartache.
 
While she is deep in her thought, Gikwang takes a silver ring with music notes pattern in his pocket. He slides it to Rima's finger, causing her to blink with confusion.

 
"I know it's too fast but at least I want you to know about it now," Gikwang clears his throat, trying to fight his nervousness. "One day, I'll give you a more beautiful ring. Until that day, please wear this for me."
 
Rima covers with her other hand. She understands where this conversation is going already.

Her heart beats faster as heat creeps to her cheeks. She smiles brightly, feeling extremely happy that the first person she ever loves is right in front of her, kneeling for her and holding her hand gently.

Rima knows that her world is perfect now.

"One day, I'll stand in front of you who wears the white wedding gown. One day, I'll wear the ring for you. One day...," Gikwang kisses her hand.
 
"...I promise I'll marry you."
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
I told you the story would end 'SOON', right?
 
And here it is.
My Perfect Stranger has reached the final chapter.
 
And, yes, it's Gikwang.
Tell me your opinion about the ending.
 
Is it too fast?
Is it not too detail?
Is it not enough?
 
I guess I'm never good in putting an end to a story.
I have a little problem with writing down an ending.
 
In the end, I just want to say,
I love Gikwang and I will always do~ :3