50 | The One

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Gikwang, come on," Doojoon calls me from the main room. "We're leaving now."
 
"Ah," I stop staring at my phone wallpaper and walk out from my room after grabbing my jacket. I rush out to follow the others out from our apartment. Today we will meet our co-composer and listen to the sample song.
 
I never changed my phone wallpaper. I still use Rima's picture, the one I took at the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain.
 
I know people may think that I'm a fool. I should have erased it instead of keeping it. Guess I'm just too naive that I can't erase my feeling towards Rima; I still love her.
 
Honestly the feeling has changed slightly but everything is still the same; I miss her so much that sometimes I think I must fly to London and find her.
 
Her father refused to tell me anything about her except that she's doing perfectly good at London. Rima made her father to promise her that he would never help me to contact her; she really wants to be alone, I guess.
 
"So...," Doojoon starts the meeting casually, clasping his hands together, "I have the sample already. The co-composer sent it to the President yesterday. Want to listen?"
 
All of us nod and Doojoon takes a CD out from a brown envelope. He puts it in the player and presses the play button.
 
We can hear the music but there is no voice who sings along with the music. I close my eyes, trying to concentrate with the melodies.
 
It's really good. The piano is perfect to bring the sadness in the song. Looks like our new single will be a ballad track.
 
"No lyrics yet?" Junhyung asks when the song has ended. "I think there are rap parts during the song."
 
"Now there is a surprise for all of us," Doojoon states. He takes out paper from the envelope, "This dilligent co-composer actually has composed the song. Guess what, the lyrics are finished."
 
"He is the composer and lyricist then," Hyunseung murmurs, taking the paper from Doojoon. "Who is this guy actually? Is he already at Seoul?"
 
I receive the paper and read the lyrics quickly. My attention then lands on the signature on the top right of the paper.
 
"Stranger"
 
What an unique pen name.
 
"We don't have the title yet though," Doojoon mumbles calmly. "Our task is to decide the title or we can't go home."
 
"Seriously?" Dongwoon's eyes widen in surprise. He turns to Junhyung, "Hyung, think of a new title or we can't even eat dinner tonight!"
 
"Yah, a title represents the whole song. I can't decide it without consideration," Junhyung sighs and reads the lyrics. "Maybe we need to try and sing the song to get the right feeling."
 
"Vocal room it is then," Yoseob grins widely and stands up.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Music recorded is ready," the staff announces. He gives us a sign for us to wear our headphones. All of us wear them obediently.
 
Even though it's not an official recording and we could practice without headphones, Yoseob gave us the idea since we can focus fully with the headphones.
 
We had listened to the music recorded for numerous times so we can sing our parts at the right moments. After we got the beat, we agreed to try the recording session.
 
The melodies start and the unexplained feeling surfaces again. The piano reminds me of Rima for an unknown reason; as if she is the one who is playing the piano.
 
I take a deep breath and scan the whole lyrics once again, reading at my rapping part carefully. This man must be our fan. He even has divided our parts. He also wrote our names to tell us which parts are ours.
 
The lyrics are all written in English to fulfill the President's demand. Since we want to be a worldwide idol group, we need to reach the international fans with an English song.
 
"Once again I look at the full moon
What are you doing? Where are you right now?
Do you think of me?
Because I never forget about you"
 
Gikwang is the one who sings the first part. As usual he opens the song beautifully.
 
"I count the shining stars with only one wish
I want to see you
I want to be with you
Once again"
 
Dongwoon continues with his part, trying to synchronize his voice with the music. His soothing voice really matches the song somehow.
 
"Let me fly to a world where you are
I want to tell you how much I miss you
I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But let me tell you about my heart
My memories are you
My love is you"
 
The refrain part is sung by Yoseob. He sings with all his heart; no wonder he is our main vocalist. His powerful voice has developed even better.
 
It's my part now. I my lips nervously and start to rap without making any mistake.
 
"Every single thing about you
Everything was perfect when we're together
What happened to us?
Why don't we go back to that time?
My love"
 
This song is really sad. I wonder what inspired this composer to create this song. The lyrics describe the regret of leaving the beloved one and that the love stays the same.
 
"Again and again, I look at the night sky
Can I turn back time? Can we love again?
Do you still love me?
Because I never stop loving you, dear"
 
Doojoon continues to sing, focusing on his part. I can see that the others also don't take their eyes off of the lyrics.
 
"I pray every night so I can reach you
Your smile is my light
You are my everything
Forever"
 
Hyunseung pulls off the next part. He even improvises his part with the high note. Thankfully, or actually, it's really good and I think he hits the right note.
 
"Let me fly to a world where you are
I want to tell you how much I miss you
I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But let me tell you about my heart
My memories are you
My love is you"
 
Once again Yoseob sings the refrain part and, if we don't know him, we might think that he is actually in despair. His expression is perfect.
 
Rima, if you listen to this song, I wonder if you feel the same.
 
I wonder if you regret about leaving us. Leaving me.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I can't help to think that this song really represents Rima. Maybe I don't know if she has regret of leaving us without explanation but if she does, this song tells her story.
 
What if the one who composed this song is Rima? Is it even possible?
 
I clench my fists tight and prepare to sing my part.
 
"You are the only one who can have my heart
No matter how far you are
We can't be separated
You are irreplaceable"
 
Who are 'you' in this song?
 
"I've tried to erase you
I've tried to forget
But the more I tried, the more I couldn't
Whenever I close my eyes, you are here
Whenever I open my eyes, you are gone
Will you forgive me?
Will you let me love you?
Again, again, again, I will tell you thousand times
My one and only
I love you"
 
Junhyung finishes his rap part and for seconds, our eyes meet. I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me but I see pain in his eyes; does he feel something about this song as well?
 
"Let me fly to your arms, in your hug
I need to tell you it's where I belong
I'm sorry for letting you down
But please believe me, you are the one
My only one is you
My love is you"
 
Yoseob hits a really high note at the last part of the refrain. He does it perfectly that even all of us turn to look at him with amazement.
 
We finally end the song with the last line together, blending our voices in harmony.
 
"My heart is yours"
 
There are seconds of silence after the music ends. We only look at each other until Yoseob smiles and says, "It's really beautiful. I love this song."
 
"I think this song will be a big hit," Dongwoon whistles with excitement. "I'm already in love with it!"
 
"Find the title and I will love it even more," Doojoon laughs and takes off his headphone. "Any idea?"
 
"My love is you?" Hyunseung gives his idea but all of us frowns, feeling unsatisfied with his option.
 
"My heart?" Dongwoon shares another idea but I only stay silence, trying to think of a title as well but nothing comes up.
 
We cross our arms, deep in our thoughts until Junhyung breaks the silence.
 
"The One."
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"Welcome back, Rima," the President welcomes me warmly. "How's New York?"
 
"Good," I answer him after bowing slightly. "I prefer London though. The scenery is beyond beautiful there."
 
He laughs and mutters, "CUBE Entertainment is glad to have you as the co-composer for BEAST's new single. I'm sure all of them will be surprised to see you."
 
"I bet they will," I smile sarcastically. I know two person who will be really shocked to see me.
 
"Are you sure you don't want to continue your course at The Royal Academy of Music?" he asks me with concern. "Don't you think it's a waste since you have taken the course for three months?"
 
"I learn better with field experience," I answer with a sheepish smile. "That's why I will be really grateful to work under CUBE Entertainment."
 
"We'll talk about the details later," he stands up and gestures me to follow him. "Why don't we meet with the boys now? Their manager told me that they're practicing the new song at the vocal room."
 
They're practicing it already? Wow, that's amusing.
 
"Sure," I murmur vividly and step out from the office room.
 
"Ah, have I told you that the hairpin is really beautiful?" he suddenly asks when we are on our way to the vocal room. "You really love music, don't you?"
 
I unconsciously run my hand to touch the silver hairpin I'm wearing; the one Gikwang gave me on my birthday.
 
Somehow I feel guilty now that I didn't give him a birthday present when he celebrated mine.
 
"Are you ready?" the President touches the door handle. We have arrived in front of the vocal room where BEAST is practicing right now. "The Stranger is going to be introduced."
 
'Stranger' is the name I choose as a composer; I don't want to use my real name since I don't need people to recognize me as the daughter of Kim family who has issues with BEAST's member before.
 
It's alright if I'm just a stranger for their fans.
 
"I'm ready."
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
The lyrics are not really good and I'm sorry for it. *bows*
I'm just being random with the random words in my head. *blushes*
 
Oh, and this story has reached 50 chapters!
I never expected this story to be this long.
 
If you think that the story has been draggy lately, I apologize truly.
I will try my best to develop the story line into a better one gradually.
 
Do I still have the chance to make you love this story, dear readers? :3
 
Happy Valentine's Day ! ♥♥♥