49 | The Heart

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Do you mind if I pick the co-composer for you?" the President asks me all of a sudden. "Or do you want to take project all by yourself this time, Junhyung?"
 
"It's alright if you want to pick a co-composer," I answer with a smile. "I think it's a good chance to collaborate with someone else for me."
 
Yes, it has been a while since the last time I collaborated with someone to compose a song. The last time I collaborated is with Rima.
 
It's almost one year ago. I can't believe time passed so fast that it's been seven months since the last time I met her at 63 City.
 
Honestly speaking, even until this moment, I'm still mad at her. I can't believe she really left without giving me any explanation. She ran away again from her problem.
 
In the past seven months, BEAST had released the new album and the responds are really great that we will hold our next world tour concert in three months, a month after Yoseob's wedding party.
 
Yoseob is going to be married to Sora on 13 August 2014. It's a date that both of them have agreed. All of us help them to prepare the party including the performers for the big day.
 
With the wedding party, Yoseob becomes the first member of our group who will change his marital status. He has been through ups and downs with Sora and all I can wish for him now is only happiness.
 
Due to our upcoming concert, we will release a digital single so we can sing the new track on our concert, just like what we did on our first world tour concert.
 
"The co-composer will arrive at Seoul tonight. I'll make sure that you can meet your partner tomorrow, Junhyung," the President tells us. "Well, that's all for today, I guess. Is there any question?"
 
We look at each other and shake our heads, a sign that everything is clear enough. The President dismisses the meeting and gives us permission to leave.
 
"Ah, Hara," Hyunseung mumbles just right after Doojoon closed the door behind us. I turn around and find Hara in her casual clothes, waiting for me.
 
She bows politely to us and steps closer to me, "Are you free now, Oppa?"
 
"Pretty much," I smile to her and glance at Doojoon. "I'll meet you guys at the cafetaria then. Excuse us."
 
I lead her out from the CUBE Entertainment building, heading to find an empty bench nearby. I give her a sign to sit down before we start our conversation.
 
"Aren't you afraid about rumor with us being together like this?" Hara forces a smile. "How's the preparation for your world tour concert, Oppa?"
 
"Good," I answer her shortly, patting her head gently. "Don't worry. I don't care about rumor anymore. It's a rumor so I don't need to care about it."
 
Hara gives me a sheepish smile. She clears awkwardly, "So... did she contact you?"
 
I know exactly who she is talking about and I'm sure she knows the answer already.
 
"Hara, let's not talk about her again," I gaze at the blue sky, still feeling hurt by Rima's decision to leave without solving anything. "Since the start she never planned to return my feeling."
 
I wonder why I met her first, fell in love with her so fast, just to end up rejected and betrayed with her selfish decision.
 
Ironically I can't hate her.
 
"Do you miss her?" Hara asks me with sad smile. I know the reason why she puts the sad expression on her face and I do feel guilty because of it.
 
After Rima left us at 63 City, Hara confessed to me that she still loved me. She apologized about her rejection of my marriage proposal because she was afraid that she was not ready yet.
 
She told me about how she wished to turn back the time if she could. She regretted her decision and she wanted to be with me once again.
 
My heart was aching just by listening to her. I knew Rima was right; I still had feeling for Hara but my heart was torn in two by my feeling towards both Hara and Rima.
 
In the end I chose not to return with Hara because it would just hurt her more if I stayed with her when my heart still belonged to Rima.
 
I know how heartbreak feels so I don't want to break someone else's heart.
 
"No matter how much I miss her, she is untouchable," I close my eyes and fake a smile.
 
"I don't stand a chance against her, do I?" a tear rolls down on Hara's cheek. "If only I... I'm sorry... I..."
 
"Yah, don't cry," I wipe the tears gently. "You are you. Don't compare yourself with her."
 
Hara's tears remind me of the day I hugged Rima on the ferris wheel. That's the last time I saw she cried. That's also the last time I hugged her.
 
Rima, now that I've settled my feeling, why are you not here?
 
Didn't you promise me that you will settle our problem?
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I check my Twitter account and read random tweets from my fans. I smile when I read their tweets, mentioning about how much they want to watch our concert soon.
 
"Do you know who will work as our co-composer?" Yoseob asks Doojoon while we are enjoying our lunch. "Does he stay overseas?"
 
"I have no idea," Doojoon shrugs and takes a sip of his drink, "but I heard he has worked with many talented composers and singers. I heard he lived at New York though."
 
New York. So it can't be her, right?
 
There is a small hope inside of my heart that the co-composer who will work with us is Rima. If the co-composer is from New York, I guess my hope has vanished now.
 
Seven months ago I received a letter from Rima. It's a really short letter but I still keep the letter till this moment, hoping that one day she will meet me again in person.
 
"Gikwang,
 
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for everything.
I'm sorry for the vain promise.
I'm sorry for leaving again.
I'm sorry for being the coward Rima.
 
I'm sorry for loving you.
 
Sincerely,
Rima"
 
A tear escaped my eyes when I read the letter. I never knew that she loved me until I read her confession. Why didn't I realize it?
 
As if there was unspoken deal between us, after Yujin and Yoorin came and told us that Rima had left to London to attend The Royal Academy of Music, none of us talked about Rima anymore.
 
Her identity as our co-composer is kept as secret. Her name is not mentioned and the news about her relationship with Junhyung disappeared slowly in weeks.
 
There was one time where I talked with Junhyung as we reminisced the past we shared with Rima. He told me about Hara's regret and his respond towards Hara, that he didn't accept her request to return together.
 
I never told him that I received a letter from Rima because I believed both of us were heartbroken enough by her decision.
 
It's not the first time I feel this way. When Sora left to Paris years ago, I was heartbroken as well.
 
This time it feels worse because I found out that she actually loved me too.
 
Why does it feel this hurt when I never had her at the first place?
 
"Ah, Gikwang," Yoseob snaps me back to reality. "I want you to become my best man on my wedding day. Do you mind?"
 
"Sure," I smile to him. "It's a pleasure for me."
 
Right, I have my own life to live on now. Maybe if I keep myself busy, I will gradually forget about Rima.
 
Maybe not now.
 
Maybe... someday.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I put down my pen and stare at the words I just wrote on the paper. I smile as I read it and then I try to sing it while my fingers play the piano skillfully.
 
Someone claps at my play and I stop to look at him. He approaches me with a proud smile on his face.
 
"It's a masterpiece, Rima," Marc pats my shoulder lightly. "The artist really needs to build the emotion to sing this song."
 
"I know," I murmur and touch the white tunes again with my fingers. "Don't worry. I'm sure the artist I choose can sing it."
 
Remembering the first time I created my first song with Junhyung, I close my eyes and take a deep breath before singing the refrain of the song.
 
"Let me fly to a world where you are
I want to tell you how much I miss you
I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But let me tell you about my heart
My memories are you
My love is you"
 
My heart can't forget about you.
 
Not even until now.

__________

Author's Note:

The lyrics are originally written by me. The words crossed my mind randomly after listening to several songs and the words "My love is you" are stuck in my head. I know, I'm being random, right? :3

Will be really grateful to know your comments about the story since it will be my consideration to continue the story line.

Thank you for reading this story up till this moment. :)



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY , everyone ! ♥