59 | The Tease

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Stop!" Doojoon exclaims and rushes to pause the music. He turns to us with impatient look... and this is not the first time for today.
 
"Will you two stop taking each other's position?" he crosses his arms, glaring at me and Junhyung. "Our comeback stage is next week and our practice is a mess or is it just me?"
 
I drop my gaze, feeling guilty. I sigh and bow to him, "I'm sorry. I forgot my steps. I should be-"
 
"I'm sorry," Junhyung cuts my apology and bows to Doojoon as well. "I supposed to be at the back after the refrain. I forgot that part."
 
We exchange looks for seconds before Doojoon heaves a sigh and messes his own hair, "Fine. Just don't do another mistake. Let's continue again from the refrain, okay?"
 
Each of us takes our own positions and then start the dance practice once again despite the fact that we're sweating like crazy. I try to focus with my steps this time since I don't think it's a good idea if I make a mistake again.
 
Two weeks have passed since the night Yoseob and Sora told us that Rima will perform on their wedding day with Junhyung as her partner.
 
Honestly speaking I did feel slightly jealous with her choice but I was alright with the choice since I knew that perhaps Junhyung was the best partner for her in the performance.
 
It's what Junhyung did when we dropped Rima that night. He told us to wait for him because there's something he wanted to talk with Rima. I could only watch them from the van, wondering what they're talking about.
 
They just talked. It didn't even take five minutes but when Junhyung returned and Yoseob asked what they're talking, he only gave a smirk and told us that he would do the best performance with Rima.
 
Since BEAST is preparing for comeback, I barely have time to talk with Rima but I know that Junhyung meets her more often compared to me; she is his trainee and they need to practice for their performance on the wedding day.
 
When I think of it, the jealousy strikes me with no mercy. While I must endure the heartache because Rima doesn't want to talk me after our last conversation, because I need to hide the fact that I draw the distance for her sake, Junhyung spends his time with Rima.
 
Now I'm pretty sure that Junhyung still has a feeling for Rima.
 
Talking about coincidences, Junhyung and I keep making mistakes during our dance practice since yesterday. I don't know his reason but I am actually lacking my full concentration because I think about random things too much.
 
"I guess it's enough," Doojoon claps his hands, a sign that the practice is over. "We'll continue again. Hyunseung has another schedule after this, right?"
 
"Ah, me too," Junhyung raises his hand suddenly. "I have a training schedule in an hour. I'll join the practice again afterwards."
 
My heart feels a prick when he mentions about the training. He has time to meet Rima again without making any lame excuse.
 
Lee Gikwang, what is wrong with you? You're not supposed to be jealous with Junhyung. You're supposed to support him as your groupmate...
 
...but how can I do it now?
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I read through the songs list on the paper. They are the recommended songs for wedding day and I need to choose one so I can start the practice with Junhyung.
 
Sora gives me the authority to choose the song and Yoseob gives it to Junhyung. During our last meeting, Junhyung said I'm the one who will choose the song.
 
"How am I supposed to choose when I never sang on wedding party before?" I murmur to myself, flipping the first page to the next one, still confused with the best title.
 
"People will suggest Yurisangja," the familiar voice suddenly interrupts my deep thought. I turn around to see Junhyung just closed the door with his usual smirk before he takes a seat across from me. "You know, To My Bride."
 
My heart skips a beat when he mentions the song title. I guess he realizes it because I cover my mouth with the back of my hand and he chuckles, "Ah, I don't have any intention to tease you, you know."
 
How can I not to think that he is actually trying to tease me after what he said to me that night?!
 
"Because I think we can't be just friends, Rima."
 
My brain freezed for a second when I heard his statement. My senses returned and I quickly retorted, "What are you talking about? We've talked about this before and you said-"
 
"Then I was wrong," he replied calmly. "That's my challenge. Will you forget Gikwang after we're done with our duet performance?"
 
"Yah, it's just a performance!" I frowned, feeling really confused now. "Since when did you like to interfere professional work with personal problem?"
 
"Since now, I guess," Junhyung stated with serious expression. "I need to return now. We'll talk again later. Choose the song and I'll sing whatever your choice is."
 
With that, he left me dumbfounded and returned to the van which drove away at the night.
 
I still don't get it. Why did he suddenly give me the challenge? Didn't he say that there's nothing between us?
 
I glance at Junhyung who is checking about our progress during the last training session. I don't realize that I've been starring at him for a while until he looks up and smirks, "Do you really like looking at me, Rima?"
 
"You wish!" I avoid his gaze. Why is my heart beating really fast?!
 
"I have a question actually," he props his chin on his palm. "Why did you pick me as your partner?"'
 
I dare myself to look at him as I try to keep myself calm, "I've told you it's not because I'm avoiding Gikwang."
 
"But I'm sure you have your reason. Other than because we have worked together before," he adds with curious look.
 
I blink for numerous times before I return my eyes to the songs list and answer him, "Because I want to hear you sing."
 
It's the truth. In the previous song, he doesn't have another part except the rap. His voice is maybe not as good as Yoseob's but this way he can me more confident with his own singing skill.
 
Sure I want to sing with Gikwang as a duet. It's not because I have a problem with him right now but I think Junhyung is the one who needs to be my partner for the performance.
 
Junhyung doesn't say anything so I look up and find that he is actually blushing. His cheeks are pink shades and he is looking away from me.
 
"I don't have any intention to tease you either, you know," I throw back his words and smirk mischievously. "You asked and I answered."
 
"Just... choose the song quickly so we can start to practice," Junhyung clears his throat awkwardly. "Don't make me choose for you."
 
The knocks on the door stop me from replying his words.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Ah, Junhyung's phone," Yoseob points to the ringing phone on the floor which I immediately recognize as Junhyung's in instance. "He forgot his phone? Wow."
 
"I'll give it to him," I take it and head out from the practice room. "It's from his brother. Give me a minute."
 
The call has stopped but I still think that Junhyung needs to know that his family called him. I find the meeting room where he is in and knock the door thrice before I open it slightly, "Junhyung..."
 
My heart skips a beat when I see Rima is sitting across from Junhyung. She turns to look at me and I realize that she wears the birthday present I gave to her on her hair.
 
If she hates me, she will not wear the hairpin, right?
 
"Ah, sorry to interrupt," I open the door wider and look at Junhyung. "Your phone. Your brother called just now."
 
"Thank you," Junhyung takes the phone from me and checks the call log. "Tell the others I will join the dance practice later. It won't take long."
 
"Sure," I nod and give an awkward smile. "Practicing for Yoseob's wedding day?"
 
"Not yet," Junhyung sighs and pouts his lips. "Rima still hasn't decided the song yet."
 
"I will be glad if you help me to choose," Rima retorts with obvious sarcasm tone. "Why don't you give me choices and I'll pick one?"
 
"You have the songs list already?" I approach Rima and take a look at the paper on the table. "Wow, that's a lot of choices. Are you going to pick Korean or English?"
 
"No idea," Rima answers shortly. "Perhaps I will try to combine two songs. I don't know. Do you have any recommended title?"
 
"I think this song is nice," I point a title with my finger. "It's not really difficult and I think you two can sing it perfectly."
 
Rima puffs her cheeks cutely and then marks the title with her pen. She looks up to thank me right when I bend down to see the songs list closer, "Thank y-"
 
Because of our sudden gestures at the same time, our faces are only inches away to each other. My eyes look directly at hers and then my eyes move to her pink lips.
 
My heart beats really fast and I can't even move.
 
"Ehem," Junhyung fakes a cough and I quickly break my eyes contact with Rima, looking away awkwardly. "Dance practice, Gikwang."
 
"Yeah, dance practice," I laugh awkwardly and step back. "Enjoy the practice. I mean, have a good practice. See you later."
 
I storm out from the meeting room and close the door behind me. I lean my back against the wall and squat down, pulling my hair with frustration, "Enjoy the practice? Lee Gikwang, you're out of your mind!"
 
However I can't hide the fact that I'm actually really happy right now.
 
The duet performance will not change her heart, right?