31 | The Choice

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"Rima! Rima! Rima!" Yujin wakes me up, shaking me impatiently. "Rima! Wake up! Rima!"
 
"Ahhh...," I groan and rub my eyes slowly. I sit up with closed eyes before I finally grab my phone to find that it's already 8 in the morning. "What is it? I don't have anything to do today, do I?"
 
Finally I could have a good sleep before Yujin snapped me back from dreamland. I still want to sleep... at least until she tells me her reason to wake me up.
 
"Do you have any special relationship with Yong Junhyung?" Yujin blurts out the question that makes my heart to stop beating for a second.
 
"What?" I frown, hoping that I misheard what she just said. "What kind of question is that, Unnie?"
 
Without saying a word, she grabs my wrist and forces me to leave my bed. She turns on my notebook which I put on my desk with panic all written on her face, "I was checking for random news when I found the picture spam."
 
"What picture spam?" I ask her as bad feeling starts to struggle in me. I have a really bad feeling that something not good is going on the internet.
 
"I should have warned you if I knew you're with an idol that time," Yujin murmurs, more likely to herself, while she opens a web browser and types a link. "This is really... Aigoo..."
 
After clicking a few times, she lets me to see the screen by myself. The screen shows at least ten pictures and I've seen all these pictures before on my birthday.
 
My pictures with Junhyung, including the one when he kissed me.
 
"This news has been spreading since midnight and BEAST's fans are questioning your relationship with Junhyung," Yujin explains to me quickly. "Both of your faces are really clear in these pictures, Rima..."
 
I don't need her explanation to tell me that I'm in the worst position. This will lead to a scandal between the only daughter of Kim family and a famous idol.
 
My father is so going to kill me.
 
"Where is Yoorin?" I turn to look at Yujin. She must be the one who posted these pictures. I need a serious talk with her; I guess I pulled her out from her patience line already.
 
"She has left around two hours ago," Yoorin blinks in confusion; she must be wondering why I even ask about my cousin when I have a trouble right now. "Why?"
 
I turn around and grab new clothes from my wardrobe and rush to the bathroom. Before Yujin can say a word, I tell her my plan after this, "I'll settle this problem."
 
"How?" she questions my plan with obvious curiosity.
 
"I'll go to CUBE Entertainment."
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I check my phone once again but there is no new message. I've tried to call Rima but she didn't pick it up. She hasn't replied my text message either.
 
I take a glance at Junhyung but he is looking through the window, putting a straight face. He is avoiding our gazes and I think his mind is a mess already now.
 
We're on our way to CUBE Entertainment building to meet President Hong. He demands us to meet him right away after he found out about the pictures of Junhyung and Rima together.
 
It's not just random pictures of them walking down the road together or holding hands; there are pictures of Junhyung hugging a girl. There is even a picture of them kissing.
 
The last picture sends a really great shock to me. I don't even say a word to Junhyung after Yoseob showed me the picture. Doojoon woke Junhyung up and asked him the explanation but he was speechless.
 
I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I am really surprised because I never thought that there is something special between two of them; I thought they're nothing more than friends who were helping each other.
 
Where was I until I couldn't see it?
 
Putting aside the fact that I need some explanations from both of them, I am actually worried about Junhyung. His reputation or, to put it precisely, BEAST's reputation is in danger right now.
 
If he can't give a good and reasonable explanation about the picture, we're really in trouble. What will people think about an idol who kissed a girl who is not even his girlfriend?
 
I heave a sigh and lean my head to the window. The atmosphere in the van is really gloomy right now; even my manager refuses to talk. Doojoon is in a complete bad mood and the others are too confused to say anything.
 
Even Sora, who sits next to the driver's seat, looks nervous. Probably because she had been in this situation before when her pictures with Yoseob were published unintentionally.
 
I can't even think about a solution for them now.
 
I just hope everything is not going to be worse.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Yong Junhyung! Come on!" Doojoon hisses to me. "We don't have time forever to wait."
 
From his tone I know that he is already mad at me. Now that I walk really slow to reach President Hong's office room, he turns to be really cold towards me.
 
After I saw the pictures this morning, as if I was mute, I didn't say anything even though the others kept giving me various questions.
 
I don't know why the pictures like they are existed. I don't know who posted it on the internet. I don't know what kind of explanation I must give to them.
 
I'm clueless.
 
On our way to CUBE Entertainment building, I was blaming myself all the time in silence. As if someone just hit my head with a stick, I come to realize that I am the one to blame for this problem.
 
Sure, who uploaded the pictures are cruel but I was the one who kissed Rima out of control. I forgot we were at public place; I knew the consequences yet I crossed the line boldly.
 
I take a deep breath and then walk pass the others to knock the door before opening it slowly. For my surprise, President Hong is not the only person in the room.
 
"Rima?" Gikwang murmurs her name vividly. Doojoon pushes my back so I step inside the room because President Hong is giving us sign to stand next to her.
 
What is Rima doing here?
 
"What a coincidence," the President intertwines his fingers together and look at me with sharp gaze. "Rima just arrived minutes ago. Have you two make a promise before?"
 
I know that it's a rhetorical question so I purse my lips, waiting for him to continue his words. President Hong sighs and then clears his throat, "You two are not in a relationship. Am I right about this?"
 
I secretly glance at Rima but she doesn't look back at me. Her eyes are set on President Hong but she looks calmer than me... or is it just me?
 
"Look, you two need to give an explanation to the public, especially your fans, Junhyung. However you must tell me the reason of what happened in those pictures before," he taps his fingers on the table, running out of patience because we don't answer him at all.
 
"Or better...," he stops tapping his fingers, "...tell me a solution for this big trouble before people destroy your future. I can't let your group to be in deeper trouble, Junhyung."
 
Words are stuck and random thoughts are running in my mind. Should I tell the truth that I like Rima and apologize? Will it even solve the problem?
 
No. Of course it's not that easy. My fans will never believe it.
 
"What kind of explanation do you think will they accept?" Rima is the first one who breaks the silence. "I'll take the consequences."
 
Suddenly I feel really embarassed because Rima is a girl and she is the first to have initiative to solve this problem. What is wrong with me?!
 
"I have one," President Hong turns his eyes to Rima, "but I don't think you two will like it or perhaps one of you will not like the deal I will give to you."
 
"I'll take whatever the deal is," Rima answers right away. "I don't think my father will like it if this issue spreads even wider."
 
"You said it yourself," President Hong leans against the back of his chair. "Junhyung, you're responsible for this but I'll let you to decide."
 
"You two are going to be an official couple."
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I drop my jaw immediately after President Hong tells us his idea, "This way they will not question about the reason behind those pictures."
 
"But-" I try to complaint but President Hong stares at me with serious expression before look at Junhyung.
 
"Or can you give me a better option, Junhyung, Rima? Your reputation is on the line, Junhyung. As for Rima, just like what you said, your father will not like it if we just announce that you two are just friends. I can't say that Junhyung went around with a mere stranger, can I?"
 
I hold my breath, trying to think for another option but I don't have one. Neither does Rima, I guess, because she drops her gaze with worried expression.
 
When I saw Rima before we stepped in the room, I smiled unconsciously. Now that an idea like this appears, the uneasy feeling strikes me again.
 
"One month," President Hong states firmly. "Then we can announce your break up. I don't like to make a scandalous issue but this is the best one I have in mind rather than ignore it."
 
"Do you mean I must act as his girlfriend for a month before you tell the public about our break up?" Rima tries to emphasize the deal point.
 
"His fans will not like it but it's better than nothing. Your father will be mad but I think he will try to deal with it since it's just a fake relationship," President Hong explains the reason. "We can tell that the reason of your break up is because you two are busy or something else that makes you two not in awkward positions compared to this situation."
 
I don't know why but I don't want this deal to go on. Not only because it will be really dangerous if one find out that it's just an act, but my heart is actually clenching at the image of them together.
 
For the first time that day, Rima and Junhyung finally look at each other, exchanging looks.
 
My heart aches for no reason when I look at them.
 
Why? Why do I hope that Rima will refuse this deal?
 
"Think fast," President Hong mutters calmly. "It's your choice. I can only help you with public announcement."
 
I clench my fists tight while silence fills the room. My heart skips a beat when Rima clears nervously to give out her answer.
 
"I think I don't have another choice," she speaks out her thought. She bows to President Hong, "I'll need your help."
 
The President nods slightly and looks at Junhyung who looks back at him. Junhyung closes his eyes and sighs, "I can't think of anything else."
 
There it goes. The uneasy feeling as if someone just stabbed my chest with an imaginary knife.
 
It's a familiar feeling I felt long before when I saw Sora and Yoseob together.
 
The moment I still fell in love with Sora.
 
The feeling called jealousy.